The most AMAZING buy today...a 1.5" Conspicillatus Angel!!!

WayneL333

I had the most amazing opportunity today to pick up an approximately 1.5" Conspicillatus Angel. I got a call that it was available and even though I don't even to think about what I had to pay for it (I basically traded one of my children for it), I pulled the trigger. I knew I'd regret it if I didn't. I've never even seen or heard of a Conspic this small ever being offered.

Man am I crazy nervous now. Here's a video of him acclimating in a 5 gal bucket.

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="640" height="1138" src="http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/2717561506_RbRhH2X?width=640&height=1138&albumId=29220296&albumKey=3RHbRn"></iframe>

A couple of iphone shots:

Baby%20Conspic%201%20Small-X3.jpg

Baby%20Conspic%202%20Small-X3.jpg

And finally in my refugium. This will be it's home for a long while. (Hopefully) I want to get a bit larger so it can fend for itself in my DT.

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="640" height="1138" src="http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/2717630640_7s3HjBF?width=640&height=1138&albumId=29220296&albumKey=3RHbRn"></iframe>

I've always wanted a large angel in my reef, but I don't know if this counts! Updates and better pics to follow :)

Wow, how neat is that! And what interesting swimming behaviour. Congrats Wayne!

Congrats Wayne!!!

What a little gem you have there!:rollface:

I'm still waiting for the video to load and love the photos.

Congrats!
What a beautiful fish.. I've never seen one this small! This thread will be awesome to watch over the course of her growth.

Wow cute little bugger, bluezoo list a 2.5" at 3999.99 i dont even want to know what that little guy cost omg.

According to Eric @ Sdc its the smallest ever caught
He was going to shipped to Japan because of the hefty price no one will buy it here but we convinced him to keep it in the US for a significant discount. :) I mean significant discount.

Wayne so the small interruptus is not worthy of the thread ! Lol

So you're the Angelfish King of SOCAL, lol !! - congrats sir! Here's to a long, happy & healthy life to her!:beer:

Last edited:
Truly a beautiful fish. I hope she eats soon. Did she eat at the lfs? She looks healthy and happy-just needs to eat.

One of my dream fish. Congrats! If you ever get down to Dallas and get to the Dallas World Aquarium, they've got an amazing exhibit with about 5 of these guys.

Back