Unofficial VORTECH is READY thread

I talked to a guy from vortech and he said there was no need to buy the new es driver because the neptune apex with the vortech module would do more than the new es driver could do. Netume was supposed to release it in the first quarter of 2010 correct? Well that has come and gone and they don't seem to be letting us know anything. Not new release date, not features, and not even the cost. Thats a little annoying.

Get your credit card out.. everyone has been buying them for a week already on the neptune site. First shipments were to happen today I believe.

sorry for a stupid question. I am interested in buying 2 MP 40s. Would this controller replace any of the equipment sold with those devices? (trying not to purchase things that may be redundant)

sorry for a stupid question. I am interested in buying 2 MP 40s. Would this controller replace any of the equipment sold with those devices? (trying not to purchase things that may be redundant)
No... the WXM works with the Ecotech drivers. It doesn't replace them.

i saw the WXM module at MAX, and they said the modules are all completed, but they were working on flashing them all with the newest firmware. so they should be rolling out soon.

I ordered mine the minute the pre-order was posted.. Would be so clutch if they shipped this week..

MP40 W

Not sure if all the MP20/40 are W (wireless) but I wanted to mention this just in case there are differences.

I've created some screen shots and images of what you get...

This should make you want it even more...

module.png

modules.PNG

status.PNG

pf1a.PNG

pf1b.PNG

:thumbsup:

Tell me where you live so I can come "borrow" yours lol.. I promise to leave an old DA RKjr as a severance gift.

I've created some screen shots and images of what you get...

This should make you want it even more...

:thumbsup:

Not sure what you mean; the Vortech does not appear to be as variable as the Tunze (for example) but you can control active profile, selecting any of the items above in the drop-down. What the WXM does is in effect act like a master pump (in Vortech terms) and send out program mode information to the other pumps.

Not sure that answered your question but if you can be more specific I'll try to answer as best I can.

Not sure what you mean; the Vortech does not appear to be as variable as the Tunze (for example) but you can control active profile, selecting any of the items above in the drop-down. What the WXM does is in effect act like a master pump (in Vortech terms) and send out program mode information to the other pumps.

Not sure that answered your question but if you can be more specific I'll try to answer as best I can.

hmmmm....well I pre-ordered the WXM a while back, but the more I look at this the more lame it seems. Hopefully there will be some hidden surprises. I don't even see the new ES modes in the dropdown list. I thought maybe there would be a graphical interface from which you could basically create a "curve" on an x,y axis (intensity vs. time) to create custom flow regimes. I assume to setup a feed mode it will be something like: If FeedA then Vortech Profile "x" to slow all or some of the pumps down.

What I want to do is setup a Feed delay so that when I hit Feed on Apex my Vortechs:
a. Stay in current mode for 10 minutes (Reef Crest) to keep Large pieces flying around for fish to eat.
b. Then Vortechs slow way down for 20 minutes to allow smaller foods to settle onto corrals.
c. Then switch to Nutrient Transport mode for 30 minutes to "flush the system and re-suspend any uneaten food.
d. Then when Apex Feed mode is over the Vortechs return to normal operation.
Think that will be possible??
Thanks,

The module can only do what Vortech exposes through the interface and it would appear that they don't expose setting power curves to the point you are asking for; maybe that would be something they (Vortech) does in the future and then the WXM firmware can be updated to support those new features.

What I want to do is setup a Feed delay so that when I hit Feed on Apex my Vortechs:
a. Stay in current mode for 10 minutes (Reef Crest) to keep Large pieces flying around for fish to eat.
b. Then Vortechs slow way down for 20 minutes to allow smaller foods to settle onto corrals.
c. Then switch to Nutrient Transport mode for 30 minutes to "flush the system and re-suspend any uneaten food.
d. Then when Apex Feed mode is over the Vortechs return to normal operation.
Think that will be possible??

That sounds like you are switching profiles and that is supported but what might be a challenge is cycling different profiles through the duration of the feed cycle. I'd need to think about it but I suspect a collection of virtual outlets with Defer statements can be used to string profiles together. It isn't the module as much as the program language in the controller that is the limit.

That seems weird, to have a drop down for either reef crest, lagoon, etc. as well as anti-sync or sync -- in the same menu. What if you want 2 vortech's in reef crest anti-sync mode? It would make more sense to choose reef crest (or whatever mode) for the profile, and then have an option for both pumps to be in sync or anti-sync mode.

Also, from what I gather above, you won't be able to enter feed mode or slow the pumps via the feed mode on the apex? Or maybe I'm reading it wrong, and it's just some additional coding for the profile?

That seems weird, to have a drop down for either reef crest, lagoon, etc. as well as anti-sync or sync -- in the same menu. What if you want 2 vortech's in reef crest anti-sync mode? It would make more sense to choose reef crest (or whatever mode) for the profile, and then have an option for both pumps to be in sync or anti-sync mode.

I checked and you can't set (for example) Reef Surge AND Sync but I don't know if that is a limitation of the capabilities of the pump, a bug in the software or something else so I'll get back to you with an answer when I hear back.

I checked and you can't set (for example) Reef Surge AND Sync but I don't know if that is a limitation of the capabilities of the pump, a bug in the software or something else so I'll get back to you with an answer when I hear back.

Not a limitation of the pump. I have mine set at ReefCrest / Anti-Sync currently. I can switch to sync if I wish by pressing a button. The WXM should be able to do the same. Same goes for all other modes. You can do short pulse, long pulse (sync / anti sync), etc. Essentially you should have 2 drop downs. What mode do you want the pumps to run in, and then do you want them to be set to sync or anti-sync.

Not a limitation of the pump. I have mine set at ReefCrest / Anti-Sync currently. I can switch to sync if I wish by pressing a button. The WXM should be able to do the same. Same goes for all other modes. You can do short pulse, long pulse (sync / anti sync), etc. Essentially you should have 2 drop downs. What mode do you want the pumps to run in, and then do you want them to be set to sync or anti-sync.

I've asked; I know I'm not running the newest firmware so maybe it's something that is fixed and I don't have the update yet. I'll be sure to get back to you and thanks for raising the issue.

Back