Unofficial VORTECH is READY thread

I've asked; I know I'm not running the newest firmware so maybe it's something that is fixed and I don't have the update yet. I'll be sure to get back to you and thanks for raising the issue.

Thanks, and you're welcome :bounce1:

Hopefully that is something that gets fixed (or is already) - because sync / anti-sync is a sub-mode of whatever mode the pumps are running in when you have a master / slave setup, not actual pump modes.

Yeah, without having sync/anti-sync on a separate drop down menu the module would be pretty worthless.

After investigation it appears what you are for is there but the way the pumps support it adds some confusion.

This is what I found...

When you set sync/anti-sync you select a pump to sync to (you can't sync a pump with itself and that is why there is no check-box).

What you would do is to set 1 pump to the mode you want (PF1 for example) then the pump you want to you with you will create a PF2 (for example), select sync and in the pump selector drop down you select the pump you want to setup the sync mode with. Same for anti-sync.

Also; the ecosmart modes (nutrient or tidal swell) are being added to the next beta and will be in the final release of the firmware. I'll send images when I can.

After investigation it appears what you are for is there but the way the pumps support it adds some confusion.

This is what I found...

When you set sync/anti-sync you select a pump to sync to (you can't sync a pump with itself and that is why there is no check-box).

What you would do is to set 1 pump to the mode you want (PF1 for example) then the pump you want to you with you will create a PF2 (for example), select sync and in the pump selector drop down you select the pump you want to setup the sync mode with. Same for anti-sync.

Also; the ecosmart modes (nutrient or tidal swell) are being added to the next beta and will be in the final release of the firmware. I'll send images when I can.

So in a nutshell, you select on the master pump profile what mode to run the pumps in, and on the slave (different profile) you set what sync mode?

Wouldn't it make more sense to have one profile for a group of pumps, and then choose what pumps are in the group, choose what mode, and then have a setting drop down for the slave to choose what sync mode?

So in a nutshell, you select on the master pump profile what mode to run the pumps in, and on the slave (different profile) you set what sync mode?

Wouldn't it make more sense to have one profile for a group of pumps, and then choose what pumps are in the group, choose what mode, and then have a setting drop down for the slave to choose what sync mode?

There are many ways to skin a cat; Neptune chose this one. Your suggestion makes sense but it would depend on usage; if folks use sync with many pumps then it would make sense but if they don't then it wouldn't. I'd expect UI to change over time as more customer use patterns emerge.

Here is an example program (names of the profiles represent the configuration of the profiles):

For Vortech1:

Set Pulse
If Time 8:00 to 10:00 Then ReefCrst
If Time 12:00 to 14:00 Then TidalSwl
If Time 16:00 to 20:00 Then Nutrient
If Time 22:00 to 06:00 Then Night
If FeedA 000 Then Slow

For Vortech 2:

Set Sync
If Time 8:00 to 9:00 Then antiSync
If Time 12:00 to 13:00 Then antiSync
If Time 16:00 to 21:00 Then antiSync
If FeedA 000 Then Slow

There are many ways to skin a cat; Neptune chose this one. Your suggestion makes sense but it would depend on usage; if folks use sync with many pumps then it would make sense but if they don't then it wouldn't. I'd expect UI to change over time as more customer use patterns emerge.

Here is an example program (names of the profiles represent the configuration of the profiles):

For Vortech1:

Set Pulse
If FeedA 000 Then Slow

For Vortech 2:

Set Sync
If FeedA 000 Then Slow

Makes sense. Looks easy enough - thanks! Neptune still planning on shipping this week?

How about the ability to control speed of the pumps based on time to create periods of high and low flow similar to tidal flows?

Check out Ken's previous program example. You can set different pump modes through the day. Looks like in the profile programming you can set the intensity of the pump for each mode, so I think that answer is yes.

For Vortech1:

Set Pulse
If FeedA 000 Then Slow

For Vortech 2:

Set Sync
If FeedA 000 Then Slow

Ken so is it possible to slow down the pump or speed up a pump during feeding?

From Ken's code examples...

If FeedA 000 Then Slow

So, yes, you could assign a different profile to be used, or just turn them off during feed cycles.

If FeedA 000 Then OFF

So does this module interact with the Votechs via wireless? Do the Vortechs even need to be on the DC8? I am really excited about this module fully control my Vortechs.

So does this module interact with the Votechs via wireless? Do the Vortechs even need to be on the DC8? I am really excited about this module fully control my Vortechs.

All wireless; notice in the top image (the module); there are no connections and (it might be hard to make out) but there is a wireless status LED.

All wireless; notice in the top image (the module); there are no connections and (it might be hard to make out) but there is a wireless status LED.

Thanks Ken. That is what I thought, just wanted to make sure. Now time for me to go get my hands on one. :cool:

From Ken's code examples...

If FeedA 000 Then Slow

So, yes, you could assign a different profile to be used, or just turn them off during feed cycles.

If FeedA 000 Then OFF

I meant more like 10%-100% type thing. like during feeding be at 10%, or bet at 80% from 8:00 to 11:00

I meant more like 10%-100% type thing. like during feeding be at 10%, or bet at 80% from 8:00 to 11:00

Yes, for example, if you wanted 10% during feed then you would create a profile (in the example the profile was named 'slow') and assign a constant speed to '10' (or 10%).

If you look at the images you should be able to get a better idea on what I am talking about. There is some new stuff in the next drop for support of eco-smart modes (nutrient and tidal swell); I'll send screens once I get the firmware up and running so you can see what that will give you.

"Supports Ecotech's Constant, Reef Crest, Lagoon Random, Pulse, Sync and Anti-Sync modes. "

Does this mean it supports both long and short pulse modes?

"Supports Ecotech's Constant, Reef Crest, Lagoon Random, Pulse, Sync and Anti-Sync modes. "

Does this mean it supports both long and short pulse modes?

The modes are documented in the pump's manual, see if that answers your question (I think it does).

The modes are documented in the pump's manual, see if that answers your question (I think it does).

the manual shows long and short pulse modes. neptune site shows it as pulse. just making sure the neptune will handle short and long pulse?

The only difference between long and short pulse is the range in which you can control the timing intervals. I'm assuming that with the neptune "pulse" you can control the timing interval across both ranges and beyond the current limitations of those ranges.

Back