What Color is Your Carpet? {pics please}

IMG_9202.jpg

this thread convinced me that i needed to save the poor bleached green carpet from my lfs with its poor lighting and bad water... hopefully i can nurse it back to health.

here she is right after i added to tank.

2012-04-17180940.jpg

2012-04-17181028.jpg

Ive got around 8 months with my carpet now, here is a before and after shot...

Here is the before shot last year
1beb920b.jpg

Here s todays pic
IMG_20120711_124153.jpg

Carpets Split....

Carpets Split....

Believe it or not.....the pictures that you see are the SAME carpet. It split several months ago and one began turning/morphing into a different colour last week. The original colour is a light neon blue. The newer colour is a darker blue almost a purple. I've had carpets split in the past but never turn colour/morph to such an extreme.

Attachments

• IMG-20120717-00354.jpg
    IMG-20120717-00354.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG-20120717-00359.jpg
    IMG-20120717-00359.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 2
Believe it or not.....the pictures that you see are the SAME carpet. It split several months ago and one began turning/morphing into a different colour last week. The original colour is a light neon blue. The newer colour is a darker blue almost a purple. I've had carpets split in the past but never turn colour/morph to such an extreme.

Do you have any evidance of this anemone splitting? Didn't think carpets were suposed to divide?

I will start a new thread with pictures documenting the split. I don't want to 'hi-jack' this thread. New thread to follow......

I will start a new thread with pictures documenting the split. I don't want to 'hi-jack' this thread. New thread to follow......

Just FYI to those who are interested, that thread turned out to be a bust and was closed by a mod.

My new unhealthy purple S. gigantea. Three days in my 30 g cube. I don't have enough flow in it so I ordered a VorTech MP10w ES that will come in in 2-3 days.

Last edited:
Back