Why is everyone getting rid of their Vortechs?

dahenley

Why is everyone getting rid of their Vortechs?
i see them on the for-sell forum all the time, but everyone that talks in the equipment forum, claim that they love them and would never get rid of them?

(I personally cant afford them, but just wondering)

thanks

any insite would be appreciated.
thanks again

funny..i asked this same question a few months ago because i noticed there were ALWAYS people selling them.

My personal opinion is that people buy them for the hype/cool factor and then decide the return on the investment is just not there...i personally can't see any justification for spending $400 on a pump and from what I have heard, they are always breaking down and having to be sent back to the factory. Granted, I have heard they have great support, but they should for the amount they are charging.

I think people buy them, use them and see they are cool and do a neat job at creating waves and such, but eventually the honeymoon is over and they want to get back as much as they can out of them

Having said that...there are always people willing to buy them when they do go up for sale :)

a guy in my local club has one on his 7ft tank, and he loves it and hasnt had any problems with it. (he is an older guy that i respect.)
but thats just one person....

where do you see all of these people selling their Vortechs?

i watch the for sale forum quiet often, and there are always a new person getting rid of one. half are fresh fixes that are returned from Icecap...

i am sure that there are more people keeping then selling, but there are still a lot being sold!!

you see tons of people selling their tunzes too. the simple fact of this hobby is that there is a large turnover. people break down tanks all the time, lose their jobs and can't afford to maintain their setup, etc. a 400 dollar powerhead is usually the first thing to go.

that being said, I run a 40 on my 75 and love it

I think because its a single piece of equipment someone can sell and recoup a decent amount of its cost to pay off a month's car note, or a month of rent, etc.

you see tons of people selling their tunzes too. the simple fact of this hobby is that there is a large turnover. people break down tanks all the time, lose their jobs and can't afford to maintain their setup, etc. a 400 dollar powerhead is usually the first thing to go.

that being said, I run a 40 on my 75 and love it

this is true! especially in this economy. (i didnt know if there was a certain mechanical reason for the selling. i totally understand the $$ problems that have hit all over)

i watch the for sale forum quiet often, and there are always a new person getting rid of one. half are fresh fixes that are returned from Icecap...

i am sure that there are more people keeping then selling, but there are still a lot being sold!!
probably because they're a popular niche type item :)

I agree with the OP and was wondering the same thing. If you watch the used equipment forum, there seems to be another Vortech for sale everyday. My logic is that few people (relatively speaking) would shell out that kind of money for a power head, so a (relatively) high percentage must be selling them... and I wonder why.

Back