Why woud someone do this!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgakron

:mad2:When I got in to this hobby I thought I was all about the friendships you build and supporting local businesses and preservation of the oceans and marine life. RIGHT? So I stopped at Captain Larry's in akron last night to pick up some new fish and he's telling me that someone is try to sabotage his store. In the last 3 weeks he's found over 30 copper washers in the overflows of his coral tanks. He's lost thousands of dollars in corols and had to stop selling coral and rock for almost 2 weeks so how much in additional sales did be lose? Why would someone do something like that to someone that is very easy to get along with and just trying to make a living in a business that is so difficult with all the online stuff now a days. So if you can stop in and show your support for him. And if you're the one doing this grow up and leave a hard working family alone.:mad2::mad2:

Hmmmm, there seems to be a trend out there. I was talking to another store owner two weeks ago that had the same thing happen to him. He even showed me the washers.

i know now of a couple people including larrys that has had this happen to them... seems that the criminal is getting pretty gutsy...

That's really messed up why would someone do this to such a nice guy. I really hope they find the person and prosecute him!

That makes me so mad!! People need to grow up!! Killing a bunch of coral !! I hope the person is caught, like yesterday!! JERK!!

The aquatic sea cave in akron had a break in a few years back where the robber broke all his tanks with a bat...some people are just a##hole$ haha

must be another store sending in someone to sabotage there competitions live stock. i wounder if all the affected stores are in the Akron area and what stores are getting the washers in there systems

i know that larry's got it... and a few other vendors in the area... from what i was told same copper washers... not to point fingers but my first reaction was that its another competing vendor/store... its pretty low if you ask me though...

I hope this does get resolved soon. There's not enough fish stores around as it is... A traditional business is hard to run already without all of the extra unexpected crap. Its a shame someone would sink so low

than, i would really monitor anyone your letting in your place as well... seems like this person has a hatred for hobbyist type vendors as well as stores... i hope that if anyone in the club or on this forum has any information leading to whomever it is doing this, that they speak up... not pointing fingers on a public forum but possibly pm c-sea officers to let them know if you have any info...

i know that larry's got it... and a few other vendors in the area... from what i was told same copper washers... not to point fingers but my first reaction was that its another competing vendor/store... its pretty low if you ask me though...

If the above pattern is identical with other vendors then I will go out on a limb with a plausible theory.

1st off copper washers are used in 3 primary industries, material handling hydraulics, automotive hydraulics and plumbing. Since not everyone would have gone to the trouble to go find and buy them and it's usually an on hand thing that folks use for ill deeds? I'd assume the party works in or around one of these three industries.

Next, the only folks who consistently operate with a backwards form of logic are radical eco-terrorist stereo-types. These are the side element of green peace tree hugger types that believe that malicious actions are some sort of positive activism for their cause and beliefs. If you put their hat on for a moment and think like one? They would think that they are protecting the reefs by harming the livestock in the LFS so that they go out of business and therefore a supply to what they deem as an evil and destructive hobby are eliminated.

Same twisted logic as the folks who drive metal spikes into a loggers tree so that the chain saw backlash can cause a very dangerous condition and or shatter the chain moving at very high RPM and severely injuring the loggers.

If I had to lay money on it? I'd think it was this type of person moreover another vendor. Since we're around earth day it's rather convenient.

Just imagine if this person was a diver and they joined the PADI project aware and used their ill energy instead to do clean up dives say in Lake Erie or something positive? But hey that would make too much sense right?

Last edited:
As long as we are on the conspiracy theory, try this on for size: This could be a situation where one owner got targeted by a random person and thinks they know who did it. They go out and 'return the favor', but got it wrong. Wouldn't it be interesting to get all of the affected store owners in one room with each of them showing the copper washers found in their systems and watch to see who comes up short?

As long as we are on the conspiracy theory, try this on for size: This could be a situation where one owner got targeted by a random person and thinks they know who did it. They go out and 'return the favor', but got it wrong. Wouldn't it be interesting to get all of the affected store owners in one room with each of them showing the copper washers found in their systems and watch to see who comes up short?

you may be on to something here... lets see who else magically gets coppered to cover there butt... mike, you may have something their too... i think the effected vendors and store owners should get together and try and match a person who was in there store or house... even though this is difficult...

They should save all the washers and make a necklace out of them. When they find the jerk, tie that thing around their neck and dump them overboard.

I know the 2 fish store owners I go to and they wouldnt waste their time doing something sooo wrong or even worry about local competion. If it was one place Id say unhappy customer. Since its two, either a very dumb environmentalist or one of those 2 hole in the wall fish stores did it. Maybe even a insurance scam... Crappy either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back