240g tank w/fish room build

Big thanks to sonicboom once again!

We made the middle section it is now all one piece using acrylic rods and 2 part epoxy. Not sure what tank this will end up being. Was planning this spot as the softy tank.

Getting them all lit up slowly.

Big thanks to snake1 for running the cat5 for the apex to the fish room. I didn't want to go wireless with it. Nice clean professional install.

Anytime Roger the tanks look amazing I'm glad to see you have more lights up and running...
Nice to meet snake1, always a fun time there! Slowly but surely!
Hey sonicboom It was nice to meet you too..

Got some packages today. 40lbs of miracle mud, ATO, a blue led strip for a 40 breeder. I am waiting to here back from Faois on my t5 order I want to make. I plan to add 2 t5 to every tank that has led on them.

Got these in the mail today. They look really good over the tank. One strip is a mix of 12k white and blue, the second strip is all blue. I really like that look. I have been. Using the 4ft ones for accent over my current tank and like then. First time using the white strip though.

Also got a message from Faois they my 5 sets or dual t5 retro fix will be in Thursday. Time to star designing how to mount these. I want them very close to the tank. I am thinking of a pulley system over each tank. I already purchased the pulleys. Need to find a way to mount everything together to work on the pulley system.

Ideas welcome

Roger

Got the refugium done today! 40 lbs of Eco systems miracle mid. Finnex 20 inch 24/7 LED plant light. Thx big z for recommendation. So far I like it.

Nice custom acrylic splash guard made

Black egg crest to minimize any macro from going over the glass baffle. U can also c theacrylic mounting bracket we made for the light. It's very high tech.

Thx a gain to sonicboom! We got a lot more done but no pictures yet. Lowered the lights on the Zoa tank. Controller for chiller is now on line and working. Also finished the plumbing for chiller. Fixed a minor leak that was driving us crazy. Purchased aluminum L channel for building lighting mount holders that will be added to a pulley system to easily raise and lower. I'm excited about that. Finally added the caps on the durso and drilled holes to quiet down the system a bit. We also used strapping on the last of some of the plumbing to just hold up some of the weight better. I think that was about it. Sonic did we do anything else?

Roger

Last edited:
Chiller plumbed and running

Chiller controller mounted. All the final wiring cleanup will be done after all the equipment is installed.

Then we can skin the stand with white PVC liner..lol looks awesome from here man, also looks ready for a fishy.lol

Got my t5 retro fit kits in from Faois this week. Sadly it took us much longer then we thought to design, build, and mount lightning system. We used a pulley system to make it easy to raise and lower the lights. Currently we set it up with 2 hights but it would be easy to adjust if needed. It can be set to about 5 inches over the water or all the way up for working in the tank.

Use the fleet to hold it up out of the way

Lowered

All the way up. Lots of room

Refuge

Refuge

Got the refugium done today! 40 lbs of Eco systems miracle mid. Finnex 20 inch 24/7 LED plant light. Thx big z for recommendation. So far I like it.

Nice custom acrylic splash guard made

Black egg crest to minimize any macro from going over the glass baffle. U can also c theacrylic mounting bracket we made for the light. It's very high tech.

Thx a gain to sonicboom! We got a lot more done but no pictures yet. Lowered the lights on the Zoa tank. Controller for chiller is now on line and working. Also finished the plumbing for chiller. Fixed a minor leak that was driving us crazy. Purchased aluminum L channel for building lighting mount holders that will be added to a pulley system to easily raise and lower. I'm excited about that. Finally added the caps on the durso and drilled holes to quiet down the system a bit. We also used strapping on the last of some of the plumbing to just hold up some of the weight better. I think that was about it. Sonic did we do anything else?

Roger

Anytime roger. Look forward to seeing how it turns out. I used miracle mud in the past and had great results.

Anytime roger. Look forward to seeing how it turns out. I used miracle mud in the past and had great results.

I also used miracle mud in the past. Don't know if my good results had anything to do with the mud. But I figured for a softy and ops system it couldn't hurt.

Got another light built. This is for the Zoa tank. It has a 6ft reef brite xho and 2 80w t5 . Currently I'm going to try a actinic plus and a aquapink bulb both giesemann

Got my t5 retro fit kits in from Faois this week. Sadly it took us much longer then we thought to design, build, and mount lightning system. We used a pulley system to make it easy to raise and lower the lights. Currently we set it up with 2 hights but it would be easy to adjust if needed. It can be set to about 5 inches over the water or all the way up for working in the tank.

Use the fleet to hold it up out of the way

All the way up. Lots of room

Excellent inclusion. I've worked on enough systems to know how important access is! I am having 24" tall fully-openable canopies installed on every tank at the St. Pete Marine Discovery Center.

Got a lot done yesterday. Thx to sonicboom the apex is now upgraded and running on fusion now!

Also got the new pm1 installed got the ph and temp being monitored on the new system. Only problem is the temp probe for apex is 3 deg different then the chiller thermostats and the digital thermometer I have in the system. The digital thermometer and the chiller thermostats temps match but not the apex.

We changed the flow rate to faster in the chiller. Its working much better now.

Got the Zoa tank lit up with the new light posted above. Took down the kessils and moved them over to my sons tank on the bottom right. Also programmed the apex now to run the tank.

Also moved the corals into the softy tank yesterday and a few more Zoa and mushrooms moved into there tanks. I will get pics up soon. Also now have 3 small fish in the system.

Roger

Always a pleasure to help!, glad we also got the tube out of the storage tank valve and didn't have to cut.. Lol

Back