240g tank w/fish room build

Sonic and I Got 1 more tank aquascaped. Not sure what tank it will be. Either bubble tip tank or LPS tank. Will post pic later. Also got the ATO installed. Using the BRS 50 ml doser for ATO pump.

The rock storage tank has high phosphates so have been dosing lanthanum chloride. It's doing its job. Po4 has gone from .64 ppm to as low as .16ppm back up to .22 ppm today.

The po4 in new tank is reading zero but I bet that's the refuge doing a good job. Have had good growth on the 3 different macros in the refuge so far I like the light over the refuge tank.

The Zoa tank corals are doing great. So is the softy and mushroom/Ric tank.

Roger

Ok sonic and I got a ton done tonight.

We aquascaped all the tanks for this current mini display tanks. Cleaned out all the rock that was being cured in the 240 gal tank. Cleaned up the room so now it doesn't feel so stressful in there! Here r some pictures. Enjoy.

Ac done. Atic door insulated in picture. Pass through to main part of house to move air from fish room. And the Ac supply all pictured

Nice setups. Can I ask where you purchased your T5 retro kits from? I'm looking to supplement my LED lights with a 4ft T5 or two. I'm looking to just add them to my rack which is similar to yours. Thanks

Nice setups. Can I ask where you purchased your T5 retro kits from? I'm looking to supplement my LED lights with a 4ft T5 or two. I'm looking to just add them to my rack which is similar to yours. Thanks

I c u r in cal. I got mine local. I Asked a local fish store to order them in for me. they are LET Lighting Miro-4 T5 High Output Retrofit Kit. These are great kits. Same reflector and ballast that ATI uses and I'm sure you know how respected there product is. The only think missing to be an ATI fixture is the housing and the fans. You can find them for sale in lots of online searches.

Roger

Well broke down 1 of the 120 gal tanks today.

One of my large corals. Blue tip stag

The corals r being stored in the future SPS tank till I get the 240 up and running

What a great build!

I very much like the variety in tanks, and the fact that several reefers came together to help make it all happen!

Is the chiller being controlled by its controller, and also powered by the APEX? I suggest setting the chiller controller for a slightly lower temp, and powering it from the APEX at the desired temp, so basically you are overriding the chiller controller with the apex, but even if the apex gets stuck on, the chiller will only cool it down so much. This way the tank has redundant controllers and it cannot get too cold, or too hot.

Another suggestion would be little dry-erase boards on the frame near each tank so that you can record which bulbs you changed and when. I am always forgetting which I swapped out last and it is easier than writing it on the bulbs.

Do you have a skimmer on that multi-tank system? That giant Deltex or the other big one?

Awesome progress, keep it up!

What a great build!

I very much like the variety in tanks, and the fact that several reefers came together to help make it all happen!

Is the chiller being controlled by its controller, and also powered by the APEX? I suggest setting the chiller controller for a slightly lower temp, and powering it from the APEX at the desired temp, so basically you are overriding the chiller controller with the apex, but even if the apex gets stuck on, the chiller will only cool it down so much. This way the tank has redundant controllers and it cannot get too cold, or too hot.

Another suggestion would be little dry-erase boards on the frame near each tank so that you can record which bulbs you changed and when. I am always forgetting which I swapped out last and it is easier than writing it on the bulbs.

Do you have a skimmer on that multi-tank system? That giant Deltex or the other big one?

Awesome progress, keep it up!

Thx for all the comments. That's a great idea on the chiller thx for idea!!!

Yes I have have had lots of help from the local reef club. TBRC is great.

As far as the bulbs I normally use tape on the reflector and write the date on that but I do this the idea of the dry erase for many maintenance things that need to be done.

Currently no skimmer on the multitask system but I have an itech that will go on that system when I break down the current system completely. Got the display broke down yesterday and removed from the house today.

please keep the comments coming I enjoy them!

Roger

Back