240g tank w/fish room build

No pictures but got half of the rock wall done tonight. Thanks again once again to sonic for the help with the first half. We got the left side and center (overflow box) done. Still have the right side and both sides of the overflow box to do then start the Aquascaping the rest of the tank.

Roger

Looks good. Will you be placing any power heads in the back? The reason I ask is that all those surfaces are going to cause major drag and interfere with water movement in the tank. You will want to add lots of extra pump power to move water internally against all that extra resistance.

Dave.M

Looks good. Will you be placing any power heads in the back? The reason I ask is that all those surfaces are going to cause major drag and interfere with water movement in the tank. You will want to add lots of extra pump power to move water internally against all that extra resistance.

Dave.M

Well I removed the base board to pushed the tank flush against the wall so not able to put power heads on back wall.

I have a dart running the return. I already have 2 Tunze 6105 for each side and I plan to put two 6055 on the bottom now in the rock cave holders that hide the power heads.

I suggest putting the 6055's on the sides of the overflows pointing at the sides about mid level with the magnets inside the overflow, and the 6105's on the ends, just a thought.

Pretty excited rock wall is complete now to put the puzzle together in the tank. There r 3 main pieces and 4 small pieces to match the angles of the overflow box.

I didn't have enough clamps to do the whole thing in one shot. I got the left and right side done. Also the first small piece next to each side is done. I will do the middle and the last 2 small pieces on each side of the middle. After will be ready for aquascaping and water to cover the rocks.

Top foam added to hold in top of wall. I don't think it will be covered by water.

Close up of added foam to fill in between 2 pieces.

Left side done

Right side done

The rock wall is complete. I removed the clamps this morning from the first part. All stayed in place nicely. I clamped up the remaining area that needed to be done and foamed it in. I will get a pic tomorrow after I remove all the pic and clamps holding it in place

Back