240g tank w/fish room build

I see you snuck a muddy T past me...lol if you still the other side if the sump won't the baffles be wrong?

I see you snuck a muddy T past me...lol if you still the other side if the sump won't the baffles be wrong?

Lol the muddy t is the temp return from ur temp pump I'm borrowing. I actually already cut out that whole 1 inch pipe out that ran across the stand toward skimmer, and capped the line back near the pump. Focus on the 4 pipes coming out of the wall only :). I will move the eb8 soon too so the pipe isn't running through it.

So the baffles will be fine cause I'm not drilling the other side of the sump. The Bulkhead will go on same side as u see in the pic but it will be drilled on the right side of the panel u c in the pic instead of where it is on the left side of that glass panel.

Ok got the sump drilled and called the glass place. They have a 5x5 piece ready to cover the spot where the bulkhead used to be.

Picked up the 1/4 inch glass today and got it siliconed in place. If I get time tomorrow I work on the manifold.

Once again thx to sonic for pushing me to get the plumbing done on new display. We got the manifold done for current display and extra empty valves for when I want to attack the frag tank to the display. All sps will go through QT for 3-6 weeks before going in the display tank. After all sps is out of the frag tank I will drain it clean it then connect it into the new display. I don't believe I have any pests but i am going to do this one right with the qt for all my corals.

Pictures didn't come out well as I have no room to get far enough away to c the plumbing but I think it came out very clean.

We also tested the display. Remember all that rock was cooked for 2-3 months then shrimp where added after that. Then rock rock was cycled till the shrimp desolved. The tank is showing zero ammonia, zero nitrite and 2-5 nitrates so I think it's ready for the first couple fish. Most all the fish I already have so I will start adding them in proper order for aggression and hardiness maybe next week. Till then I will keep ghost feeding the display tank.

Roger

Picked up 2 Kessil 360we today. Since I have center brace I will be putting them on each side of the tank. Really just using for sup lighting. Leaning towards the main lighting being 8 t5 retro fit bulbs 60 inch staggered on each side of the tank so I can get coverage from end to end of the tank.

Pictures dont do this tank justice! Looks amazing

Thx I agree!!!

Had a lot happen lately.

Today I modified my co2 scrubber to an extra 3 chambers of DI on my RO system. So now I will have 5 stages of DI on my now 10 stage RODI system.

I did this cause for some reason I burned through my dual Di in just a couple hundred gal on water made. So I ordered new carbon blocks too. I need to pick up 1 more refillable cartridge from Faois next time I'm down that way.

Also got the qt tank soaking in a vinegar bath to clean it up. I would like to get it setup with in the next week or so.

Also got the fish room cleaned up finally. Sold the rock so that made some room to move again. Feels so big in fish room now.

Now for the major problem that was averted before it happened. I had the tank built with center braces but they needed to be installed after the tanks where in. After filling the tanks it didn't look like we needed the center brace so I didn't install them. After months I even threw them away :(. Well sonic pointed out a small drop in the trim piece. I didn't think much of it. Well the next day it had dropped another 1/4 inch so I put a straight edge from the left tank to the right tank 6ft long. This was the space in the middle .

Sag ;(. See black trim from tanks under straight edge

So after using a bottle jack we got the sag out. Then I cut a 2x4 to that length. Used the jack to lift it up just to fit the 2x4 in then lowered it on the 2x4. Now no sag.

No sag.

That was scary trying to remember if we had seen it before...lol glad you got it squared away.. (Literally)

Well I had time today and my orders haven't arrived to keep be busy so painting it was. I purchased the paint to do the floors about 10 months ago never got around to it.

Before

After

Back