240g tank w/fish room build

Very little progress as I keep running into snags :(

First running the pipes for the drain from display to sump that will be in the garage. First 3 went perfect then I hit a stud on a baring wall;(. Delayed a day cause I didn't have two 1.5 inch 45 deg elbows. Picked those up today and got all the pipes run into the sump area.

Pic from sump area

Second snag was I'm using the sump from my old setup. It's the same return pump so figured it would be quick and easy but,.... The tank is drilled on the wrong side so no room for the pump. I have to get a piece of glass and silicone in a plate to cover it and then drill a new hole for another 2 inch bulkhead on the other side of the sump so I have room for the pump underneath

By the way yes I know those r the cheep ball valves. I swapped the cheep ones for the exspensive ones on the multitank build but the inside diameter of the valve is so much smaller I had to step them up a size to have the same size inside diameter. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2474899&page=15 I own an irrigation company so the plumbing is easy for me to get and replace if one of the valves ever go bad. There is a union on each side so it will be easy to swap out if I ever need to. Honestly once I set the valves I will prob never have to turn them again anyways.

Home sick today so don't think the wife will let me do anything on the tank today:(. But I'm sure I will try.

Roger

Back