240g tank w/fish room build

We really made a mess of these stands setting up the tanks. After the floor was done the stands looked awful so.

Before

After

I was a bit worried about the paint fumes so I left the garage door open all day. Well doesn't look like it helped. I didn't notice till hours later but the tech on the sps system over flowed all the skimmate into the sump. After I noticed I emptied cup and opened valve and no help. With the valve open all the way it wouldn't stop. So turning it off for the day. The reef October on the multitank system also had a higher water level but never over flowed. Turned it off too just to be sure.

I just picked up a 3rd Kessil for the display. Another 360we so sup lighting done. Now I need to either go with 2 halides or a 6-8 bulb 60inch t5 setup

Roger with the kessil providing shimmer and being it adjustable I think you are good with only t5.

Agreed. I would rather have t5 setup but haven't found a good deal on a 60in yet. I have the MH stuff so it would cost me anything other then bulbs.

Roger

So made a long drive to pick up a 6 bulb Ati t5 fixture. After the 2 hr drive one way we found out it was a 4 bulb not a 6 bulb. The only good thing was he felt so bad he gave me a really good price on it and another eb8 for my qt tank. That makes 6 eb8 it's a pain to find stuff when I'm looking for it now :(.

Since I ended up with a 4 bulb t5 I'm thinking about using the two reef bright 50/50 on each side of the t5 and the 3 kessils mounted in the front pointing towards the back. What I haven't figured out is what bulb combo to use and what ramp and max settings to use on the kessils.

QT cleaned. Stand painted and back in its spot. Also added the eb8. Had to order a longer cord. Also had to add a booster to the legs. Before it blooms the top outlet. Simple fix.

Lights on and eb8 mounted

Wow what an awesome build. Great job with all the DIY stuff. Your garage set up is nicer than the 3 stores around me. Great job and following along

Wow what an awesome build. Great job with all the DIY stuff. Your garage set up is nicer than the 3 stores around me. Great job and following along

Great build!

Thx. So far I'm very happy with it. I will get fts of each multitank system tank soon. Just been busy with doing other stuff in the room. The tanks are not setup like a store as each tank is a small display tank. Not frag tanks. But I get the compliment. And thank you for it. 😀

Back