240g tank w/fish room build

Sweet build.

Quite a while back you said you'd bought three Radions for the lighting over the main display. Did I miss what happened to those? It's a long thread so I guess I can't be too surprised if I did.

Sweet build.

Quite a while back you said you'd bought three Radions for the lighting over the main display. Did I miss what happened to those? It's a long thread so I guess I can't be too surprised if I did.

Yes you did miss it but happy to answer the question yes the thread is getting long. I had planes on setting up the display first then decided that it would be easier to move coral if I setup the multitank system first. So instead of have $2000 tied up in lighting for 6-8 months I sold them. I did plan to buy 3 more but the growth with the 160w I have on the multitank system is very good so I gave the 360we a shot over the display tank.

What feeder and food are you using?

The ehiem with pellet food. I don't recall the brand but the name of the food or company is 3 letters. Like TDO or something

Well did the last dip today. Now just to monitor all the corals. I did loose a bunch and most all of the color, but that will come back.

If u follow my local boards u know I picked up a lot of corals this past week. They came in full of aefw ;( they went through there first dip today. Hope to have improved my qt tank and I don't loose as much this time around. Will keep u posted on when I start to move coral into the display.

On another note I did the 3 day black on out the multitask system and the Dino's has been eliminated for now at least. The Zoas are opening up much better now!!! I didn't see any negative effects with any corals, fish or nems.

Roger

Big day today. Big thx to sonic once again. After 8 dips in 2 months and a month or so of observation in qt sonic came over and we took down the current qt tank. Drained it moved all the corals to the display (not in final resting place in the display) vinegar bath to the qt tank and took out the sump for it. Plumbed it into the display tank. So the plan is finally getting there.

Frag tank finally a frag tank
Also

Thx to snake1 for coming over and getting the generator attached to the house. Power outages no longer a worry. All we have to do now is flip 6 switches and turn on generator and all the fish tanks, kitchen and office (wifi and cable) will always have power!!! The corals and fish are now all safe from power outages.

Last edited:
Also an update 4 days or so ago I woke up to see about 6 gal of water under my chiller on the multi tank system. Turned out the refuge was leaking. Ran out bought 2 new 40b tanks. Drilled one for temp swap out with no baffles. I used rock to block the intake for the pump to separate the macro algae. Took a good 6 hrs to get this done but at least it was no damage at all to the system.

Click the link to watch the video. Look where the block is to c the leak.
http://vid1274.photobucket.com/albu...2-307A-4D0B-8BAB-73D221452047_zpsmwtwfrcx.mp4

Back from the store with 2 new 40b

Drilling another tank

New tank drilled and in place

Up and running

Last edited:
Big day today. Big thx to sonic once again. After 8 dips in 2 months and a month or so of observation in qt sonic came over and we took down the current qt tank. Drained it moved all the corals to the display (not in final resting place in the display) vinegar bath to the qt tank and took out the sump for it. Plumbed it into the display tank. So the plan is finally getting there.

Frag tank finally a frag tank
Also

Thx to snake1 for coming over and getting the generator attached to the house. Power outages no longer a worry. All we have to do now is flip 6 switches and turn on generator and all the fish tanks, kitchen and office (wifi and cable) will always have power!!! The corals and fish are now all safe from power outages.
Any time Roger ...your tank is looking great

Wow nice job on the refuge repair! Tank looks awesome cant wait to see it once you get everything placed where you want it.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Wow nice job on the refuge repair! Tank looks awesome cant wait to see it once you get everything placed where you want it.

Thx. First few corals placed. They r just caps but I think it will look amazing in 6 months. 6 different types of caps. Starting bottom then work up.

Left bottom
Standard red
dark green
Idaho grape (purple)
Bright green cap ( don't recall name)
Starburst (red with yellow polyps)
X factor cap ( green with blue polyps)

Excuse the coral colors they are still getting better from all the stress

Side note. I love that fish. Looks so cool :)

Roger is it me our does that clam get bigger buy the day :). Is the qt the tank on the right side by water storage? Any shock by change in light?

Roger is it me our does that clam get bigger buy the day :). Is the qt the tank on the right side by water storage? Any shock by change in light?

Yes the clam is growing very fast. Going to outgrow this tank :(. He moved around so rock already.

The temp qt tank was to the right of water storage.it had 8 t5 bulbs. Now it was Brock down and is frag tank as it was always planned. The new /permanent qt tank is near garage door left of water storage. This is 2 blue led strips and 2 t5 bulbs. Will only run this for 6 hrs per day. No neg effects from light change but I do have a par meter so that helps

Looks awesome! You got more coral in your QT than I got in my tank lol. Wish i could come by for the meeting and check it out in person but i am working.

looks sick roger!!! Amazing job

That tang is gorgeous by the way wow

Thx
Looks awesome! You got more coral in your QT than I got in my tank lol. Wish i could come by for the meeting and check it out in person but i am working.

You are welcome to come check it out anytime u would like. The meeting went really well. Sorry for anyone that missed it.

Roger

deltec skimming very well!

Deltec cup on left. Itech on right

Hard to tell in pic but the skim mate of Deltec is slightly darker and as u can c it's more. These r 2 different systems but simalar size and stock and feeding. Over all the Deltec out performed the itech, but the Deltec is over $2,000 the I tech around $800 also the itch used less power. The final note is my itech is the 200. The 400 I think would have hung in nicely with the Deltec

Also this week I had some algae problems in the Zoa tank. This was from adding a couple fish in the tank for about a month waiting to move to the new tank. They wouldn't eat at first so the food was settling in the crushed coral :(

Anyways I removed the the Zoa this week

Dipped all the Zoa in a 4/1 ratio of tank water and hydrogen peroxide to kill off the algae on the corals

I then siphoned out the top layer of crushed coral to remove any algae left in the tank.
This is how much that was. I dried it all out and I will save it.

Then placed all the corals back in the tank. Nice and clean again.

Back