240g tank w/fish room build

You should post photos of the corals in the display every few weeks to see how much improvement there is. The ZOA tank looks nice and clean now too lol.

You should post photos of the corals in the display every few weeks to see how much improvement there is. The ZOA tank looks nice and clean now too lol.

Thx. Yea I plan on doing a full tank shot at least 1 time a month. Right now I don't have much coral in the tank. Only about 7 corals mounted in ther final location. The others are just tossed in waiting on me to make a location decision. I think it is a good idea I will definitely post those. Right now I am collecting the pictures :) it will change a lot every month for the first year. Till I get all the corals in the display.

What duration were the skimmers running for that amount of skimmate?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

That is 2 -3 weeks worth. I was cleaning the cups every week and I let it go for people to c how well they were working at the meeting. Last week. I cleaned them on Monday I just didn't have time to post the pictures till last night.

So in the last tank I had a problem my encrusting montipora corals got so big they had no room to grow on the rock, and being on the bottom of the tank no way to remove the bottom rock with out dismantling all the rock work. So I took my large colones and cut frags of them and placed them on these tiles I set in the tank. This way I can have all of them in the display and as they out grow a tile I can pop a tile out and put a new tile in!!!

I hope this works out as well as it did in my head.

Colors are still not 100% yes but getting there. Maybe 60% right now

All are a different type of encrusting montipora. I also have a couple new ones still in qt tank

That is awesome. Good work

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Thx I think it will work out great too.

Lost a couple acros in qt this week :(, but the ones in the frag tank that already went through qt and are just being monitored are growing great also and getting color

This pic shows the growth rate. The bright white edges are all new growth.

All the blue tips in this pic are all new growth also. Nothing amazing but shows a solid growth rate

Hey Roger what kind of tiles are you using? That growth is actually real nice considering they're recovering from so much stress.

Hey Roger what kind of tiles are you using? That growth is actually real nice considering they're recovering from so much stress.

Thx I thought so too.

Just ceramic tiles. I figured we use ceramic frag plugs so I didn't c a problem. I rinsed them for 2 days in ro water to remove any oils that might have been on them

Also for those that maybe curious Bayer dip dose NOT kill red bugs. I found some on a purchase this week before dip and they were still there after dip. It's in qt now. I will do 3 interceptor dips to kill all red bugs before corals leave qt

Frag tank got a little love today. Took everything out scrubbed it clean. Added another set of frag racks today and re organized the corals.

Right side.

Center

Left side still has room left at least

2 weeks worth of skimm. The deltec is bad a$*. Deltec on the left I tech on the right. Deltec skimm is much darker also the deltec cup is almost twice the size so that's about 3 times the skim

Last edited:
Back