240g tank w/fish room build

Roger are you going to use kessil on frag also? How's the multitank system doing?

No kessil on the frag tank just cause of cost. Have the 8x54 over the frag tank. Also since so short they get a lot of light.

The multitask system is good. I want to rebuild the chalice tank. The corals r growing great but I don't like the rock layout.

Roger

Last interceptor treatment for red bugs in the qt tank was done today. i haven't counted but well over 50 sps corals survived the treatments. Only lost about 10 or so this round!!! Who knows what ones I lost

Everything in the center of this pic. All 4 racks just came out of the QT tank today. Will be monitored now for 3 months minimum before being moved to the display. They will need a month or so to color up so I can identify what corals are which. QT tank is empty right now.

Wow they are stressed. I can't wait to see them color back up. 3 months is good but are you going to dipped them before display? Just in case?

Well it's been less then 2 weeks since I moved the corals out of QT. the color is coming back great already. Even nice growth. I don't think enough difference to c the color improve on a crappy sell phone pic so I didn't take one, but very nice improvement in person.

So I counted today 91 different sps corals came out of the last QT. all will be moved to the display in time. I need to stop buying coral. I already 19 new corals ready to go into next QT run. I'm not motivated at the moment to do another round of QT so the sps will stay in the multitank system until I'm ready to start QT again.

Little update. Been slowly stocking the display with sps. These pics were taken under very bright white light. I'm very happy with the color improvement since QT.

That right side from first picture of corals added to the tank. The coral has gotten much better and the growth has also been pretty good since all the corals are settling into a new home.

Looking good Roger!! Saw this myself 2 weeks ago and i have to say its coming together quite nicely. 6 months down the road should be awesome looking

Looking good Roger!! Saw this myself 2 weeks ago and i have to say its coming together quite nicely. 6 months down the road should be awesome looking

Thx I am looking forward to watching this on mature. Still about 90 different sps to add to display. I plan all the rock wall to be full when everything is added.

Wow Roger. The display tank looks awesome. Great work on arranging the corals and I love the rock wall.

Thx. I love the rock wall. Every display I ever do in the future will have a rock wall. Was a lot of extra work but love it!

I will be hosting a non TBRC meeting at my place in first Saturday in September if anyone would like to come. All r welcome to join.

Roger

anyone interesting is seeing the setup is welcome to come by on Saturday the 3rd of sept. 6pm we will be hosting a bunch of reefers. anyone is welcome. my self and others will be also bringing frags for sale in auction format. if interested pm me for address.

Back