3 tank,2600 gal. system room build

john rochon: He has already stated he has been keeping and breeding fish for many years. Doesn't seem like he is going to get bored of it. This is a jump from one part of the hobby to another.

new possible configuration, 2 tanks 130x40x36 high each. 1 fish only with tight lid and 1 open reef.all other equipment in porch seperated from main house, both rooms vented with fantech units on humidastats.

My 2cents, I would consider bumping down the dimensions on the reef to 130x40x30. IME, the extra 6" height is a PITA for both maintenance as well as lighting.

looking to use automotive paint for stand steel. if there is no plumbing under tank and a nice color, nina might not need a wood skin on stand. glasscages warrantee is void on customer made stands. so is some other manufacturers.

If there is no plumbing under the tank, maybe go all the way to the floor? Then you would have enough water that you could get in to clean. 36" depth is too deep to reach the bottom, and too small to get in.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14829885#post14829885 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by john rochon
enlighting us please on how the humidity issue will be taken care of? Not to be a downer but really, that many tanks of that size will not only ruin that house but it won't even look appealing. way to over crowded. maybe money isn't an issue but come on,,
the hydro and water waste will be insain!!
not to mention gear and critter cost!

what happens when you get board/tired of all the tank maintenance! hours upon hours of work. god forbid you have a tank crash or flood.
I don't think this is being well thought out.

Thank you for you imputs but we come here for help and information not critisism

click on the red house. lots of stuff on there (although a bit old) and follow the link to my photobucket account.

went to see rk2-25 skimmers yesterday---yaaa hooo.
DSCN15291.jpg

DSCN15281.jpg

DSCN15321.jpg

DSCN15241.jpg

did you buy that rock allready, where you going to put it if the tanks arent set up yet, that doesnt look like it would fit into a 90g

man, get that rock into some water with a skimmer and some light, or it won't be "live" rock much longer.

Contact me regarding the all-the-way-to-the-floor design. There are some special considerations we should discuss. You can actually build a tank with zero penetrations...

This is exciting! I like the idea of keeping two tanks, because there are just too many great fish/coral combinations that are mostly impossible to keep in the same tank.

So...you could have two completely different tanks sharing a common filtration system.

My $.02 worth:
- Oh how I want to purchase an RK2 skimmer...nice...I have equipment envy there.
- Think 4 times about maintenance for everything you do. In the end if ANYTHING is difficult to do, it won't get done eventually.
- I would run the tanks around the walls. If you have enough room to get behind them, that would be great also....but I would really love to sit in the middle of that room and be able to see both the tanks at once!

It took me nearly 1 full year to actually build my single 400 gallon system, and I spent nearly 1 year reading build threads and working on the plan before I got to start building.

The thing about combined filtration is that you lose many advantages like not having to dose the FOWLR with calcium and alkalinity, you can't feed the agressive fish the way they should be fed, unless you want to always struggle with your corals, etc. Two distinct systems is probably the best bet.

water? i thought you are supposed to air cure the rock for like 3 mo.
this is 70lbs should be enough for the 700gal. with some to spare.

Back