A reef in the cold north

Ecotech Radion, fan upgrade
I recently upgraded all original fans on my Ecotech Radion G1 lamps. They have been driving me crazy since day one, and it was time to do something about it. At the outlet the fans measured 80 dB! With the new fans they read only 54 db on the outlet and 44 dB on the edge of the aquarium, while the passive noise in the room is 42 db with the radions turned of. Im very happy with the result.

Nice to see you back! I'm about to do my first large water change. About 35% on 400 liters. Would you say you're lights are heavy on blues or whites?

Nice to see you back! I'm about to do my first large water change. About 35% on 400 liters. Would you say you're lights are heavy on blues or whites?

During daytime i run 100% on all colors, that is around 12 000 k, and during sunset i run alot of blue, just for show, so I can enjoy some unique colors.

35% waterchange on a 400 liter is no problem as long as you match the values between the new water and your tank water :)

Thanks iMax. Still like your tesla? Model 3 is out soon. Thinking about it.

Great cars, I really enjoy my P85. Ive driven it 47000 km now, annd i still love it. Tesla service is another story.. Great car, but terrible system.

Ecotech Radion, fan upgrade
I recently upgraded all original fans on my Ecotech Radion G1 lamps. They have been driving me crazy since day one, and it was time to do something about it. At the outlet the fans measured 80 dB! With the new fans they read only 54 db on the outlet and 44 dB on the edge of the aquarium, while the passive noise in the room is 42 db with the radions turned of. Im very happy with the result.

Nice upgrade! What are the original Radion fan CFM output? I love these Noctua fans for my computer builds, great quality.

wow! beautiful reef!
It always shocks me when i miss a great thread..
any changes recently?
still using aio pellets?
I love how large your colonies are!

Thanks all for the great feedback. Appreciate it, and it motivates me to keep on this hobby. :cool:

Nice upgrade! What are the original Radion fan CFM output? I love these Noctua fans for my computer builds, great quality.
I cant really remember, but I spent a while searching for the proper fans and noctua were the only fan i could find that met the original CFM and still keeping dead quitet db levels. Great fans, expensive, but worth it. I have gotten my eyes up for this brand, and will surely use them for future computer builds myself.

wow! beautiful reef!
It always shocks me when i miss a great thread..
any changes recently?
still using aio pellets?
I love how large your colonies are!

Thank you! AIO pellets are still running. Ive crunched trough a few bags till now. Still love em. Had big no3 issues before i got them and lately ive really been lazy on the water changes, but I still read very low readings on no3. No big changes, just adjustments. I actually liked it better when building this tank, every month i was drewling over some new equipment, and always reaching for new goals, now its just filling mg, kh, ca and cleaning. Think i need to add some changes soon.

Did u get rid of the queen angel? How are ur angels doing with SPS?
Uhmm... i think i killed my queen. :facepalm: She was starting to get really picky on the feeding, so I had to hand feed her. She was to slow for my 3 fast tangs, and she didnt bother chasing the food. Hand feeding worked fine for a long while, untill I didnt bother for a while, and I starved her to death. Angels are Ok around my SPS. I say OK, because one of them raid my SPS once every 2 month or so. They mostly stick to a huge montipora confusa i have, so i dont care to much about it. The sps growth is faster than they can nip, so its ok.

346ab94595acaff999670a7bb39c0c3d0dcd2cb1ffbc8aad.jpg

Back