A Smart? Aquarium in Taiwan...

sign me up and take my money. That is so neat you can adjust the pump from your phone based on your sensor reading. any chance we can get a new FTS.

How do I get my hands on a kh monitor?

I asked a while ago....So logically, I am first in line. :blown:

Seriously though, I'd love to be able to make the alk an automated parameter.

Hey I am after you.:)

I think they just need to be mass produced..... I'm after 4 of them when they are.

Trying to hog all the coolness [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sign me up and take my money. That is so neat you can adjust the pump from your phone based on your sensor reading. any chance we can get a new FTS.

Sorry for late reply. I am now on a 3 weeks trip California and west coast. ....and.... yes, KHG and Apex give me all detail I need remotely ;-)

Regarding schedule KHG available in US, I don't know exactly but around 20+ Beta tester include me in Taiwan are testing it and results look promising. I will check Dr. Bridge if he has any update on that.

Regarding my tank FTS, I will definitely update after back home ;-)

Cheers,

Sorry for late reply. I am now on a 3 weeks trip California and west coast. ....and.... yes, KHG and Apex give me all detail I need remotely ;-)

Regarding schedule KHG available in US, I don't know exactly but around 20+ Beta tester include me in Taiwan are testing it and results look promising. I will check Dr. Bridge if he has any update on that.

Regarding my tank FTS, I will definitely update after back home ;-)

Cheers,
Where in California are you?

what new toys are you getting from LA and SF. are you visiting any aquarium stores here?

Not particular LFS in mind since I may just enjoy to see my cousin's SPS tank, but may visit Aquatic gallery in Milpitas, which I ordered most of SPS coral from when I worked in Cisco there.

Regarding new toys......My wish list is only too long for me to carry them back, but for sure the followings....

1. BK Deluxe 300 RD3 edition for 110v
2. RD3 specific 10v adapter for Apex
3. GHL Dose 2 4 pump set
4. Tunze ATO for backup plan
5. KZ stuff including below
B-Balance 1000 ml x 1
A-Balance 1000 ml x 1
Start3 1000 ml x1
Snow 1000 ml x 1
Coral Booster 1000 ml x 1
Coral Flatworm Stop 1000ml x 1
Coral Vitalizer 50 ml x 1
Bak 50ml x 1

Is KZ stuff much cheaper here than in Taiwan, KZ was having a 25% off back in January, too bad you weren't here to celebrate that 1/4 off.

how long ago did you go to aquatic gallery? it has changed a lot since it was in the plaza next to the comic book store. think its by the police station and shooting range now.

should make a trip to neptune/apex in morgan hill. see if you can sneak a peek at what ever they're cooking up. hoping for optical level sensor.

Nice shopping list.

Only if I can hide all the cost from my wife ;-)

Is KZ stuff much cheaper here than in Taiwan, KZ was having a 25% off back in January, too bad you weren't here to celebrate that 1/4 off.

I think it is about 25% cheaper. dmmmm. that will make their 1/4 off season become half price....Too bad that I miss it.

how long ago did you go to aquatic gallery? it has changed a lot since it was in the plaza next to the comic book store. think its by the police station and shooting range now.

should make a trip to neptune/apex in morgan hill. see if you can sneak a peek at what ever they're cooking up. hoping for optical level sensor.

I never visit their new place. Is it better or worse? The old place was too small, but they make it nice. The owner and staff there were all big size like me.... Hmmm maybe that made the place looked smaller ... Hahaha

Neptune in Morgan Hill..... Intercedes, it is only hour drive from my place San Ramon. Do they open for visitor, I meant.... A lot of challenge questions kind of visitor... Haha...

Old shop was great, felt like it was someone's house or office. New place is bigger but more warehouse like and think less retail oriented. Personally prefer the old shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many bag of zeo sand did you use i in this tank? Did the sea cucumber is effective cleaning the sand bed?

Sorry, I thought I replied but looks not.

I did not count how many bag of zero sand, but it cover about 2 cm of tank bottom, when live rock placed before sand.

Since it is KZ sand, so I have to use large sea cucumber and they work well, just don't like their poo... Haha..

Hope that answer your questions.

cheers,

After red bug treatment, I planed to do 50% water change three times in a week, but due to some urgent case, I have to leave home to UK for business on 5th of May and then immediately fly to LA to start my vocation, I do believe this is the root cause of many bad things happen after I back home on 5/29.

Here are what my tank looks on 5/29...

Dino and Brown Diatom algae all over place, on sand, rock and SPS. I lost (well, I save a small frag still) my biggest birdnest colony that I had since last tank, all other SPS looks really pale, but not dying....

27402200446_6637200fbb.jpg

27436282605_229847f535.jpg

27402153116_00722ed628.jpg

Water parameter is NO3=0, PO4=0, so to kill algae I may need to starve them but my coral need nutrition. What a dilemma I need to deal with....

Stay tuned....

After red bug treatment, I planed to do 50% water change three times in a week, but due to some urgent case, I have to leave home to UK for business on 5th of May and then immediately fly to LA to start my vocation, I do believe this is the root cause of many bad things happen after I back home on 5/29.

Here are what my tank looks on 5/29...

Dino and Brown Diatom algae all over place, on sand, rock and SPS. I lost (well, I save a small frag still) my biggest birdnest colony that I had since last tank, all other SPS looks really pale, but not dying....

Water parameter is NO3=0, PO4=0, so to kill algae I may need to starve them but my coral need nutrition. What a dilemma I need to deal with....

Stay tuned....

that's some infestation! it's incredible how quickly things turned.

that's some infestation! it's incredible how quickly things turned.

Yep...It turn bad quickly and I believe it will take much longer time to mitigate it, but that is the fun part of reefing.

I will share some update pictures later, you will see after 3 weeks treatment, dino and brown algae either completely disappear or in good control... Coral color and PE still not fully recover but getting better gradually.

Have you id that dino infestation? It is very important as many dino species do not vanish after a full blackout, such is the case of conspicuous ostreopsis or gambierdiscus to name a few.

What it always works well against all species of dino is switching off the skimmer and feed some frozen food for a few days. Dinoflagellates always bloom when inorganic phosphates reach zero and all algae starves to death.

Back