anyone tried to using Jebo WP40?

Anybody have these on the back wall of the tank? My tank is in a sort of an alcove so the back of the side walls are not accessible. Do not want the pumps too far front on the side walls.

I'd get two wp40 if I were you. Can always dial them down if need be. I have one in my 90G and considering getting a second one since my tank is BB thus the extra flow is always appreciated.

i have a 93g and went with a wp40 initially. while the flow was there there were certain points in the tank that werent getting reached. so i went with 2 wp25's instead and its perfect. i would probably go with that route.

I love this pump I don't need one but I have talked many people into them and they have all loved them they are just like a Mp40 but u can aim them and they cost way less
DOWN WITH THE MP UP WITH THE WP

Would two wp40's be too much in a 210(6x2x30) if i have sand? I want good flow but dont want a sandstorm either!.

No, I have the same setup. I run 2 40s on else mode at S2, one is angled to the back, the other to the front. The fish love it, as this creates a big circle they can swin in. One of our customers had one in a 210 a full blast, and it covered all 6 feet of sps. So one would work, 2 would make a better flow pattern.

No, I have the same setup. I run 2 40s on else mode at S2, one is angled to the back, the other to the front. The fish love it, as this creates a big circle they can swin in. One of our customers had one in a 210 a full blast, and it covered all 6 feet of sps. So one would work, 2 would make a better flow pattern.

awesome ..thanks Logan . will place my oder later today.

How big is the difference in flow dispersion in the WP25 vs the WP40?

I'm putting a 180g together and I'm thinking about doing 3 WP25s instead of 2 WP40s because I like the size better.

Could I maybe even get away with 2 WP25s? What do you guys think?

Brandon

I think on a 180 I would go with 3.

You can always take 1 out if it's too much.

Are you using any 3rd party controllers like Reef Angel or Apex or the stock controller?
You can slow them down if you are.

Thanks, Steve. Are you thinking 3 WP40s or WP25s?

I am planning on grabbing a Reef Angel because of all of the options for the Jebao pumps. :)

Brandon

I think 3 40's will be too much.
I was thinking 3 25's.

I actually have a 40 and a 25 in a 55, but they are running at about 50-60% on a Reef Angel.

Well it finally happened. After about 9 months of flawless performance, my WP40 stopped working today. About 7 months were used in else mode on the stock power supply. I tried a different power supply and same results. I can see the propeller twitch when power was supplied, but nothing else. Open the pump to make sure there was nothing preventing the prop from spinning and tried the pump again with no success.

Oh well, the experiment is over and now I'm back to my old Tunze 6025s.

Well it finally happened. After about 9 months of flawless performance, my WP40 stopped working today. About 7 months were used in else mode on the stock power supply. I tried a different power supply and same results. I can see the propeller twitch when power was supplied, but nothing else. Open the pump to make sure there was nothing preventing the prop from spinning and tried the pump again with no success.

geez that sucks

Did you check the current coming out of the power supply?

Is there a way to splice the power directly to the pump?

With there two answers you could see where the failure happened.

Doh!, and I was just considering ordering these. Would you mind hooking the pump up just to a power supply? It'll run full throttle if the pump is still good. I'm wondering if it's the pump or the controller. my money is on the controller, but then again I had an ocean runner explode for no apparent reason, there are bound to be a few bad ones out there.

Main reason I want one is so it can run on battery when the power fails without the expense of a fancy UPS.

How big is the difference in flow dispersion in the WP25 vs the WP40?

I'm putting a 180g together and I'm thinking about doing 3 WP25s instead of 2 WP40s because I like the size better.

Could I maybe even get away with 2 WP25s? What do you guys think?

Brandon

I am running two 25's on my 65gal. Some on W1 some on else mode. Consider two 40's or 4 25's. one in each corner.

You can't run the power directly to the pump.

The pump is designed for 10v DC the PS will put out 24v DC.

Make sure there is power coming out of the PS. (should be 24v).
I know you said you tried 2 different PS.

This is a WP-40 so there should be a green light on the PS if it is working properly.
The controller should light up if working properly.
Where are you losing current?

You can check the power coming out of the controller (If it's making it that far).

Also try contacting the place of purchase and see what they will do. Fish Street has been pretty good about replacements if needed.

Good luck.

You can't run the power directly to the pump.

The pump is designed for 10v DC the PS will put out 24v DC.

Good luck.

You are wrong Sacohen, the pump works between 12-24V. For you to try the pump without controller you need a 24V Power supply and a control signal between 0-5V.

Back