Aquatics Unlimited in Oconomowoc?

Thanks, its been a while since I was down that way, and was not sure. DO you know if they still carry aquariums and supplies?

I have not been there for over a year. I had heard that they were open and that it was still the same guy (Jim) that ends up taking over the store after someone else screws everything up.
Put Ocean Dreams Oconomowoc in a google search and you will get their old website with phone number

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14762745#post14762745 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Saltwater Guy
go to the new store called fin addicts its down town and the owner steve is are a really cool guy
Got an address?
Hows their saltwater selection?

In case anyone is still wondering........

I went to Aquatic World (Ocean Dreams) in Oconomowoc a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised to find no tanks, no fish, no anything, besides some miscellaneous junk that they were still trying to clear out. It seems they are converting the building to a flee market of some sort, where people can rent space to sell their items. It sucks, I did not go there much, but their tank prices were unbeatable.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14930993#post14930993 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by huggett

I went to Aquatic World (Ocean Dreams) in Oconomowoc a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised to find no tanks, no fish, no anything, besides some miscellaneous junk that they were still trying to clear out. It seems they are converting the building to a flee market of some sort, where people can rent space to sell their items. It sucks, I did not go there much, but their tank prices were unbeatable.
Thanks for the info, I know now not to drive out there for a new tank.

200 S Silver Lake St
Oconomowoc, WI 53066

The store is Fin Addicts he has a good selection of saltwater fish and corals very high quality and decent prices.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14987663#post14987663 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Saltwater Guy
200 S Silver Lake St
Oconomowoc, WI 53066

The store is Fin Addicts he has a good selection of saltwater fish and corals very high quality and decent prices.
Got a phone number and perhaps store hours?

When I had my store I scratched my head for several years wondering how he could sell tanks at less money then what I was payong for them at a wholesaler. Then when visiting one wholesaler he had a line of tanks ready to ship to there store. I asked them hos could he get them for such a low price and was informed he had a deal where he good any large quantities of blemmed tanks at 1/2 of the normal wholesale price.

Most blemmed tanks can not be detected as being blemmed by the untrained eye. Sure you have about 10% that are obvious glass chips on the edges, cracked glass or mis colored molding. But the other 90% are silicone issues that are quickly made undetectable with a razor blade removing the excess. However these tanks were not leak teted at the facory so there are no guarantees.

In the past I had bought at least 50 blemmed tanks. Out of them I never had a leaker other than one that had an obvious cracked glass. I sold these tanks as BLEMS and discounted them to less that there tanks were sld at. Usualy that would be about 1/2 the cost of a reguar tank of simular size.

Often I used to get perfect tanks that were special ordered as drilled tanks but the holke was either the wrong size not where the original customer wanted it. Whese worked out as great store tanks with a centeral filteration system.

nOw I'm saying they sold blems as perfect tanks but I will say they did buy a lot of them.

Dennis

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14930993#post14930993 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by huggett

nOw I'm saying they sold blems as perfect tanks but I will say they did buy a lot of them.

I've been there a number of times over the last ten years or so, and I don't recall ever seeing a tank marked as a blem, other than the 10g tanks which came with no guarantee? Makes me wonder now.

Were those just the AGA tanks, or the Great Lakes tanks as well? I have a few of the GL tanks myself but haven't had a problem with any of them (knock on wood).

Back