ASM Skimmer Club!

The G3 is taller but I do not remember how much taller. Mine is packed away at the moment so I can't get you the physical size.

well just my tracking number for the new ASM cone skimmer. Just thought I would share it here. Not sure if you all heard about them.

All Seas Marine is coming out 4 models, they are

GC-3 ( 3500 pump )
GC-9 ( 9000 pump )
GC-15 ( 15000 pump )
GC-1S ( psk1000 )

I got the GC-3

I am having a terrible time removing the impeller from my Sedra 9000 pump. I turned the skimmer off one night and then back on the next day and the impeller will not spin.

I can feel the pump hum a bit but no movement of the impeller, I took of the cover and removed the head of the impeller but the impeller itself will not budge.

I soaked it in vinegar and still nothing.

I also used a pair of pliers to try and remove it but no luck. I am thinking I will have to drill a srew a bit larger into the middle of the impeller and pull it out that way? And if I do, where do I get a new impeller?

Any thoughts on what I can do?
That's strange. Sounds like it might have run dry and burned up. I run my G3 external to the sump as recirc and haven't had any overheating or impeller sticking issues. Unlike my Atman pump on my eshopps psk-75 skimmer, which ran dry and the impeller stuck in the pump. Are you sure it's a Sedra?

Hey y'all I have an extra g2 that I want to do all the mods I can, does anyone know what pages they are on or do I have to go through all of them...I think it's about 2 years old

Well i joined the ASM club today. After so many skimmers I have an ASM.

here are a couple pics for you all.

P1040006.jpg

P1040009.jpg

P1040013.jpg

P1040015.jpg

P1040019.jpg

I have the GC-3 which believe uses the same pump as the G2 and has similar ratings.

Cool...I hadn't seen one of their new skimmers. The pump looks a lot like a GenX variant, how is it marked?

Well i joined the ASM club today. After so many skimmers I have an ASM.

here are a couple pics for you all.

P1040006.jpg

P1040009.jpg

P1040013.jpg

P1040015.jpg

P1040019.jpg

I have the GC-3 which believe uses the same pump as the G2 and has similar ratings.

Very nice looking Mojo, can't wait to hear how it works, can you shoot me a pm and tell me who is carrying the C series now? I can't find them anywhere :(

Looks like the pump is a Sedra. Mojo could you tell us? Also could you tell us if the exit tube slides up and down like on the old style?

That's important to me because I need the height to run my skimmer output through a small trickle filter to degas the out going water. Skimmate bubbles that don't make it to the collection cup are filled with foul air and some escapes the skimmer via exit water. That's the same gas you smell coming from the collection cup. Only in much smaller amounts of course. You might not see it but believe me it's there. Just another reason to run GAC.

I just put it in the water so Hopefully it will be broke in here in about 10 minutes right... ?lol Ill give it a couple days and take some more pics. Illpullout my air meter as well and seewaht it is actually drawing for air. Most of my sedra 3500's in the past pull like 400 to 500 lph of air. It is built pretty well for its price range.

Back