ASM Skimmer Club!

I got a asm skimmer g4.(I think) for free. It has a mod on it. I think it's a recirc mod(there is another hole a little over front the other hole.) still need to buy the sedra for it since the one I was given is completely locked up.

Question: can I just plug the recirc mod and everything will run smoothly?

I got a asm skimmer g4.(I think) for free. It has a mod on it. I think it's a recirc mod(there is another hole a little over front the other hole.) still need to buy the sedra for it since the one I was given is completely locked up.

Question: can I just plug the recirc mod and everything will run smoothly?

yes, did the recirc mod to mine and didnt like it. I just plugged the holes. Works great now :)

How can I tell if my skimmer is a g4 or a g4plus. I do not have the sedra and need to buy one and need to know which one to get.

How can I tell if my skimmer is a g4 or a g4plus. I do not have the sedra and need to buy one and need to know which one to get.

I think the only difference is in the collection cup. You could get away with the sedra 5000 or 9000 model for the G4 or G4+

i run a G4xx on a sedra 9000 for my 200 gal system.

Last edited:
Thought that the G4 bodies were all the same and the various designations just reflect the different pump sizes? G4 sedra 5000, G4+ sedra 9000, G4xx sedra 15000, and so on ....

My G4xx is 30in tall. Not sure of the specs for G4 and G4+, you might be right about the pumps being the difference though.

looking

looking

i can not get pm's at the moment as someone infractioned me for trying to quickly get the 10 post needed to recieve and send pm's sorry but I'm new to posting her didny realize i was doing something wrong

This put you on automatic probation, which means you can't give out contact info.~dc

Last edited by a moderator:
Back