AV99's custom 600g Reef Savvy on site build-Lots of pictures

Funny and very true.

That's a crap ton of replacement bulbs! Ok maybe it's just one replacement swap for your whole setup but still :D

I was looking into metal halide ballasts myself and figured they'd be a lot cheaper or something due to the big push towards LEDs... nope... damn pot growers!!

I have been using mogul bulbs for over a decade now and never really considered the double-ended version. I don't think one is better than the other but rather just user preference.

Just wondering why you went with mogul bulbs versus double-ended? Aren't the latter more capable? Again, just a curiosity, not a critique.

As promised, here are a few of the many sticks I have cooking in my ever-expanding SPS grow-out system. Only the best of the best will be moved over to my 600g Reef Savvy tank, when complete. :thumbsup:

AV99's Goliath ...A stunning solid orange acro with blue tips!

compressedav99goliat.jpg

Reef Raft Canada Jawdropper .. After a few years of remaining dormant, new growth tips with solid blue polyps....finally!

compressedRRJawdropp.jpg

Reef Raft Red Diablo

ReefRaftRedDiablo201.jpg

AV99's TroubleMaker

compressedav99troubl.jpg

AV99's Rampage

cmpressedav99rampage.jpg

AV99's Raptor

compressedav99raptor.jpg

AV99RaptorP8312703zp.jpg

Bali Slimmer ...Old-school gem!

BaliGreenSlimmer2017.jpg

Reef Raft The Vihn

compressedrrthevihn2.jpg

Last edited:
Appreciate the photos and associated ID's. You have an amazing collection. Looking forward to the maturing of the tank in the years to come. The display will be incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys.

This seems to be a very promising reef tank. I do have a 350 Gallon reef savvy and I love the quality and how they make the tanks. quick question I cant see the pictures of your system, is it only me or anyone else have this problem?

Thank you

Tim, some amazing pictures of your pieces. I am switching my tank to SPS and might be interested in making a trip over to see you for frags if you have some to sell

Corey

Amazing build, I'm curious as to what you power requirements are to run this beast? Are you planning a backup generator?

Back