Back in the hobby after 10+ years

krhagerman

Hello everyone,

I started in the hobby quite awhile ago. I had the misfortune of a sea cucumber turning inside out and killing the entire tank, that was a hard lesson. I decided not to continue and got out. Now with my grandchildren wanting fish I am getting back into it and starting out with the 55 Gallon tank. I love the colors and the total relaxation you can get just by watching your tank in the evening when the lights are dim. I used to have a blue light to replicate the night moon on my first tank now I am using the new Aquasky 2.0. I set it up a little over a week ago and let it sit to make sure all the chems were out of the water and started adding the first fish and inverts today. I started out with some easy fish like Damsels and Gobies, a few snails, shrimp and a feather duster. I am going to wait a few weeks then I am planning on getting some clowns and anemone. looking forward to getting some great insights from the forum.

Welcome back to the hobby. Please post pics so we can follow your progress.

Welcome back! I would ensure the tank is definitely balanced before getting an anemone

Back