Bubble King Skimmer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Tjh is correct. The foam head is more prone to break down with skimmers still in the break in period. IMO
I have had my fair share of breaking in skimmers the last 2 years. :)

no overflowing problems here... fed by an eheim 1262 thru about 3' of flex PVC.... rough calibrations have it at 500gph

foods... alternate b/w frozen mysis, rods, some flake here and there .... i've been playing with CV and AAHC lately too

i fed mysis this morning before going to church and it is now about 6hrs later and the foam hasnt recovered yet (guess i shoulda prayed for my BK while i was there :) )

i am hoping i am in still in that break-in, dial-in, and maybe some user-error phase... its been running 9 days now and i have seen good production out of it... i just have to keep from feeding to see it and i am sure my corals and fish wont appreciate me continuing to do that.

To an extent. It will do it with oily fatty foods, Even some flake, But the turn around time will be much quicker with a skimmer that has been broken in. My skimmer is back to normal in 10-40 minutes depending what i feed. If i use artic pods then 40 minutes. LOL I believe its loaded with oils. When my skimmer was breaking in it would take over 3 hrs to get a foam head back.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12208150#post12208150 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TOO FLY
Damn, tbone be pimp'n BKs with all these nog shots. You sure you're not an undercover agent for Royal Exclusiv? ;) You know you have to answer that question truthfully if you are. At least they have to on TV. :D

Sorry guys for not replying to the PMs. I've been busy. But I'll start calling shops on Monday.

I think we need to decide on a closing date for the group buy. Thoughts on closing and ordering by April 30th? Back-ordered, etc. models may be a factor too.

*Edit*

My B, it seems for the most part that we're all on the same page if ordered by the end of the month.

T,

I should've asked this before. Is it cool for the Group Buy to be in your Club thread or should we start a Group Buy thread?

So far we've got:

1. Jim_S - Deluxe 250 External

2. kenargo - Deluxe 300 Internal

3. triunfo - Mini 180

4. Graf-X - Supermarin 200 or 250 Internal

5. Too Fly - Deluxe 250 External or 300 Internal

Plus...
6. BradR - "I'm interested in the group buy as well for a 250 or 300" please specify which one; and

7. Los - a 300 Deluxe Internal.

If it was up to me, I'd start it earlier. I would think 7 (and counting) would be very interesting to any retailer. It is already a $10,000 order and much of this is business they wouldn't otherwise get. If we get more buyers later, all the better, but let's get pricing and maybe the first orders started earlier.

That said, it's not up to me. I've already said I couldn't coordinate it (I'm in Kuwait), but I would kind of like to get mine ordered before the end of April. Can we start it earlier?

Cheers,

Los

Tbone,,,
As you go on it will get quicker to build foam heads back. I lost foam production when i changed gfo for a couple days. I had to shut my GEO media reactor off till the skimmer was broken in.

Hey Alex, welcome. We don't have pricing yet. Shoot TooFly a PM with the model you're interested in, and he will be calling the BK dealers soon to get firm prices.

Here's a pic of my nog with the BK set to skim a bit wetter

DSCN3274.jpg

Here it is 2 days prior, when I had to set to skim dry:

DSCN3267.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12208704#post12208704 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tbone28
Paul, it's not my club thread. It's a BK skimmer thread :), so all is cool.

On your skimmer, why 250 Ext or 300 Int? Why the different size skimmer?

Oops. Made a boo-boo. I was in mid-thought and missed the mistake. ;) Lack of sleep isn't helping me either.

Los,

I asked about a later date to get more interested reefers in on the buy. But I'm cool with ordering sooner. Do you guys want to order mid-April? That's fine with me.

UPDATED:

3. triunfo - Mini 180 or Deluxe 200 Internal or External???

5. Too Fly - Deluxe 250 or 300 Internal

6. BradR - Deluxe 250 or 300 Internal or External???

7. Los - Deluxe 300 Internal

8. Old Timer - Deluxe 250 or 300 External

triunfo, BradR and cbui2,

PM coming soon.

UPDATED:

3. triunfo - Mini 180 or Deluxe 200 Internal or External???

5. Too Fly - Deluxe 250 or 300 Internal

6. BradR - Deluxe 250 or 300 Internal or External???

7. Los - Deluxe 300 Internal

8. Old Timer - Deluxe 250 or 300 External

9. cbui2 - Deluxe 300 External

Last edited:
Look at that list...no love for the SM's. lol! I'll got start my own thread....BK SUPERMARIN skimmer club :D

So that's the Mini 180?

If you want on the list, just say so. I'll also need your zip as long as Oakland, CA is correct.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back