Bubble King Skimmer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the SM has the best deal you can ever get with Bubble King protein skimmer. Very well build/design body using cast acrylic and the pump is Red Dragon 2000. I used to paid $1274 for the pump alone couple years ago.

I bought my BK before I even found this thread. But the thread certainly makes me feel better to know that lots of others have spent so much on a great skimmer. When you talk to a non BK owner, they look at you like you are crazy for spending that much on a skimmer. The few that have seen mine in action have a different tune, but lots of others just don't get it.

Well, the store told me that the group buy deal ended last week. So much for ordering a skimmer... perhaps there will be interest in another group buy again in a few months (although I doubt there will ever be that many purchases at the same time again!).

I'm still trying to put a tank together, so I'm in no rush... but it would have been nice to pick up a deal.

Jar*Head - little teaser for you!!!

139055DSC02044.JPG

I'm have been following your build, very cool with the external waveboxes!!! I been thinking of using this when it comes out.

139055RD2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reef, i really like the Ocean Simulator but i don't want to have too many holes in the bottom of my tank. Plus i can't afford the hole ocean simulator with 4 pumps and the controller...

my bk (mini 160) is doing a great job. skimming on the wet side though; anyone know how to fix that?

The reaction chamber in the Mini 160 kinda short therefore it is skim in the wet side. Make sure your return outlet is wide open

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12415850#post12415850 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by KMP
my bk (mini 160) is doing a great job. skimming on the wet side though; anyone know how to fix that?

i have a mini 200. to get a dry skim turn the return pipe to adjust the water level, not bubble level in the main body to where the max line indicator is. you will get a much dryer skim mate.

I can't say enough good things about the SM 200, I just cleaned the cup again after a few days and the whole house really stinks bad. The cup and lid both had a pretty thick film of crap on them, this thing skims very well and not at all what I'd consider "wet"

Steve, congrats on the 500...............you are the man.
C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back