Bubble King Skimmer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kris, I order it through O.C aquatic. I know the RDII is not available yet. But i do have some inside tip on the cost, performance and availability... :D. I won't be able to get my BK500 till after the interzoo. I remember i did mention that :D. I ordered the skimmer base on the old price with 2 red dragon 2000. I will pay the differences for an upgrade.

Yeah I got the part about Interzoo, I had heard that through the grapevine. It would just be hard to order something that the distributer doesnt know the cost on yet. I know that for sure.

Best of Luck!

Kris

All I have to say is why didn't I do this sooner?
I've had all sorts of skimmers and done all the mods.

I've been running the BK mini 160 on my 76 gallon and the thing out performs anything I've every used with no mods or hours of fiddling.

Hey and I can even stick my hands in the tank without dropping the foam head for hours/days.

I will never buy any other skimmer.

But it cost me the M3 :)

Last edited:
Skimmer vs. M3... Hmmm. Tough one.

Skimmer for sure. :lol:

I run into the same issues... my car hobby colliding with my reef hobby. They both crave mods.

it's ok I'm looking to get a new house so needed to downsize the toys anyway :)
Atleast the gxp does 0-60 in 5.5 so I'm gaining some speed for status loss.
Also saving for the 08 M3 but don't tell the wife ;)

pick the skimmer, the BMW is a headache. I thank gd for CA lemon laws, I am sure my 5 series was resold as new in another state.

As the GM of the dealer told me, "why would you ever purchase a BMW! These cars are expensive problems and should only be leased."

I'm praying that my S60R holds together. Only 7k on the clock. Shocks on this thing are $800 each just to give you an idea on out of warranty costs. I could nearly get a BK for the price of two of those!! :eek2:

i guess i got lucky, got to keep my M3 and get the skimmer, no aftermarket exhaust for a while now though.... I can deal with that

I gave up my ECU flash and downpipe for a BK 300 Ext! :D

That's fine, I'll wait until warranty expires in 3 years and do the upgraded turbo system. ;) Ah, fun with 4 doors!

The trade-offs we make :)
cat-back exhaust for the gxp will be here tomorrow.
And with no service 1 coming up I can do some ecu work.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12415850#post12415850 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by KMP
my bk (mini 160) is doing a great job. skimming on the wet side though; anyone know how to fix that?

I have a bk mini that I'd like to skim wetter, how are you skimming wet with the minis?!?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12442389#post12442389 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stony_corals
I have a bk mini that I'd like to skim wetter, how are you skimming wet with the minis?!?

Mine is skimming on the wet side when I keep the water level exactly at the maximum water line.
Actual water level of the sump is 3" below the max line.
Also using the bk 160

Sm 250
Now you all can wish me welcome to the club. Just ordered a Bk sm 250 for my 600 ltr system..

Cant wait to get the skimmer in the sump..

Have used a Deltec 701 until now..

My tank is only sps and 4 Surgeonfishes, 2 clown,2 anthias, 1 Wrasse, 2 Goby and 8 chromis.. Feed 3-5 times a day..

Lars Erik

here's what you have to look forward to Lars...

3 days! its green because of my formula 2 flakes.
IMG_3406.jpg

Hi Yinger..

Nice to se the skimmer opperate. How is the skimmer to your system. Se you have almost the same amount of water in yor system as i have.. Do you think your skimmer is overkill for your system..

Lars

Hi Yinger..

Nice to se the skimmer opperate. How is the skimmer to your system. Se you have almost the same amount of water in yor system as i have.. Do you think your skimmer is overkill for your system..

Lars

Ok, I'm finally ready to officially join the bubbleking skimmer club and here are the prerequisite nog pics :D

Pic taken at 3 this afternoon
skimmer001.jpg

pic taken at 4 being cleaned in a tub of vinegar and tap water
skimmer004.jpg

pic taken tonight at 6:30 approx an hour and a half in my tank
skimmer008.jpg

Oh and just for the record this skimmer is replacing a berlin turbo XL, think it will measure up? :p

(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back