Bubble King Skimmer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, u're such a teezer!! I've seen that pic of your sump BEFORE, and you post pics of JUST ferrari red doors in another thread! :D

tjh great pictures !
where do you have the intake nozzle with the two black dots set at? How many turns in.

just found this thread... i am a card-carrier too

picture of my skimmate day 4 just starting to skim (taken me a while to dial mine in being the first external skimmer i've ever installed)

BubbleKingStartingToSkim.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12183052#post12183052 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tbone28
man, u're such a teezer!! I've seen that pic of your sump BEFORE, and you post pics of JUST ferrari red doors in another thread! :D

how about some rock? :D

122908mini-rock_work_009.JPG

ksed,

its not quite that simple on my setup. the airflow meter is restrictive, which causes an increase of water through the skimmer. the recommended settings would not work. to combat this new isssue, i lowered the sump water level which seems to offset the airflow meter.

hope thats clear.

i will add, when i setup with dots aligned the skimmer didnt look very full of bubbles. i assume similar to some of the guys that had issues with their 400int.

boozeman, could you measure the base on the 300 Internal? I have one on order but it appears my membership card is being delayed (back-ordered) but I want to plan any changes needed for my sump. - Thanks.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12176594#post12176594 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tbone28
that sucks. so a private party just refunded your money cuz they changed their mind? weird. try calling Premium Aquatics or Aquarium Specialty. They may have them in stock. Or you can try OC Aquatics and SoCal Tropical Fish.

If you'd like, I can get you in contact with a couple of local reefers who are looking to upgrade their 250 Deluxe Int to a 300, and see if they are willing to sell to you. Not sure of their time frame though

Thanks for the distributor list. I found an original style SM250 at the SoCal store and decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. Looks like I might be in the club for sure this time.

BTW, pretty nice guy to deal with and he made me a good deal, since it was the original design. He did say that Proline is sending him the extension and new lid, which he will forward on to me. Not sure if I need them or not, or how you would even attach the extension tube.

Sweet! When are you expecting your skimmer? I didn't realize they cme up with an extension already. I"m curious, too,as to how it will attach. It will be interesting to see if there's any performance difference. Will you be trying that?

I know I said I would have it before the weekend, but I couldn't believe the 2 day shipping costs. Anyways, if they shipped it today like he said he would, I should receive it Monday.

I kinda doubt he already has an extension on the way, but that is what he was telling me. If I do get the extension, I will just have to see how it is performing w/o it before deciding to stick it on there. I'll just have to wait and see.

I would think if they were sending out the extensions, most of the customers that bought the original would already have theirs.

Yeah, I don't think the extension has even been developed yet. Let alone, how they will get them to the customers. Can't wait to see pics of yours :)

I want a lid with a name on it!

here is as dry as I can get it tbone, production really slowed down after two days skimming like this, the neck got too dirty.

dry-nog.jpg

that neck looks pretty nasty! that's a lot of nog for 2 days. thanks for testing it out for me :)

LOL, you want an engraved lid, and I want the smooth lid. Too we don't live close to each other!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12178611#post12178611 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tbone28
LOS, the build quality of the BK's will match the awesome build you've got going on ;)

Wow, thanks Tbone!

BTW, anyone want to organize the group buy. I leave for a week to Kuwait in a couple of days, so I can't coordinate the buy. That said, I'm definitely "in" and am ready to place my order immediately if someone sets it up.

Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back