Bubble King Skimmer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12176594#post12176594 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tbone28
that sucks. so a private party just refunded your money cuz they changed their mind? weird. try calling Premium Aquatics or Aquarium Specialty. They may have them in stock. Or you can try OC Aquatics and SoCal Tropical Fish.

If you'd like, I can get you in contact with a couple of local reefers who are looking to upgrade their 250 Deluxe Int to a 300, and see if they are willing to sell to you. Not sure of their time frame though

They stated the money was refunded, due to the fact he is in the hospital.

I just emailed aquarium specialty to see if they had any in stock. I will try the other ones, as well.

I appreciate the offer, but I think I will just go ahead and buy a new one.

Although, now that I am buying a new one, I am kinda torn between the 250 deluxe or supermarin. :confused:

I like PA - great customer service :)

Deluxe 250 - proven workhorse, more adjustable skimmate, $$$
SM 250 - new cone design - some like it, some don't. bigger pump, cheaper

did that help any? :p

I would've gone Deluxe if I could fit the collection cup in my sump.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12176803#post12176803 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tbone28
I like PA - great customer service :)

Deluxe 250 - proven workhorse, more adjustable skimmate, $$$
SM 250 - new cone design - some like it, some don't. bigger pump, cheaper

did that help any? :p

I would've gone Deluxe if I could fit the collection cup in my sump.

No, that didn't help much there both great skimmers.:D

I will probably stick w/ the deluxe, since that it what I intended to buy all along.

Ok, so far all I can find available is 250 supermarine's. I was told by one store that they could make me a good deal on a older model supermarine w/o the extension riser or engraved lid, still new in the box.

Does the extension riser make that much difference in performance?

I haven't given up on the deluxe, yet.

I don't think the riser is to prevent microbubbles from exiting. If anything, I would think performance is better w/o the riser since you have increased contact time. Of course, this is theoretical. I'm happy with my nog even with the riser.

If you have your heart set on a Deluxe, I think you should order that. No rush to get one in. It's not like they're cheap :)

Personally, I'm going for the BK 300 internal on my 96x36x25 SPS 360 gallon + 40 gallon sump. Spreston, why not join us on a group buy. We already have a pretty good group of folks it sounds like and I'm ready to place my order tomorrow if we get a decent discount.

Phanman1 - welcome to the (hopeful) group buy as well.

I've never organized one of these. Has anyone else ever coordinated a group buy. I can assure you that I am interested and ready to order. There were also some other folks from earlier in the thread.

I'd love a discount to push me over the edge to get what I know is the best.

Los

That's my problem I don't know what I want, 6 months ago I was looking at the deluxe, then the supermarine's were coming out and I switched to those, but waiting to see how they performed, then a couple weeks ago I found the used deluxe, so I was back to the deluxe.

My thoughts are that I cannot go wrong with either one.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12178557#post12178557 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Los
Personally, I'm going for the BK 300 internal on my 96x36x25 SPS 360 gallon + 40 gallon sump. Spreston, why not join us on a group buy. We already have a pretty good group of folks it sounds like and I'm ready to place my order tomorrow if we get a decent discount.

I've never organized one of these. Has anyone else ever coordinated a group buy. I can assure you that I am interested and ready to order. There were also some other folks from earlier in the thread.

Los

I appreciate the invite. However, my intentions are to order a BK tomorrow and have it in my sump before the end of the weekend, but if that doesn't work out as planned I will be interested in the group buy.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12178557#post12178557 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Los

Los

Please PM if a group buy is a a real possibility. I am interested in either a SM250 or a 300 deluxe.

thought id post some more photos. i can use the practice.
july07tank.jpg

this one is a shot of the crap that was just under the lid.
myfishtank032.jpg

that's .... well that's just sick.

For some weird reason, I think that pic would be cooler if it had a bunch of burning birthday candles stuck in it ... what's wrong with me?

Last edited:
tjh: wow, you're pulling a lot of air. Is that close to 3700 lph? looks like you scooped out that nog with an ice cream scooper :D

waxxie, that was what my wife said when i made her come see it.

tbone, i will call that photo 'the 32nd flavor'

roland, its the bk 500 int on 1st or 2nd page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back