DanW's 187 SPS Dominated Reef Journal

How long have you had the Potter's? Had mine for a while and then it just disappeared on me last week. Hope it's just hiding but I doubt it. I am trying so hard to keep the leopards alive.

According to the formula I use, you can have up to 187" of fish. At an average of 3" each, that comes out to about 62 fish total :lol2:

[QUOTE
IMG_1132.jpg
][/QUOTE]

dan,

the tank looks great....what coral is this? looks pretty kool.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15257165#post15257165 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pookstreet
How long have you had the Potter's? Had mine for a while and then it just disappeared on me last week. Hope it's just hiding but I doubt it. I am trying so hard to keep the leopards alive.

According to the formula I use, you can have up to 187" of fish. At an average of 3" each, that comes out to about 62 fish total :lol2:
62 fish :eek1: talk about a bioload! My Potter's went in on 2/15 and is doing fine, eats well.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15257299#post15257299 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Reefer08
The FTS looks great!
Thanks Ramzy but I'm still a noob.:(

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15257342#post15257342 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by epleeds
dan,

the tank looks great....what coral is this? looks pretty kool.
Thanks epleeds, that is the Tyree Cyphastrea Decadia.

Nice shot's Dan, I just noticed the green slimer in the back..That thing has blown up from those shot's to now. You have some great growth in your tank.

Thanks Bryan. The growth rate for different corals is pretty interesting. I get crazy growth on some corals and super slow growth on others. That green stag in back is one that grows freakishly fast. After I get caught up I'll post some growth sequences.

Hum, I couldn’t find any pictures taken in January or February must have been slacking off. This picture was taken on March 7, 2009. Got a new DSLR for Christmas so the quality of the picture is better (I think :( ). At the time, I did not have a macro lens.

FTS.jpg
:(

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15263097#post15263097 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pookstreet
Man, that's a big chunk of a Mystery wrasse :D
Yah, he doesn't miss many meals and eats more than is fair share!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15263142#post15263142 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mpoletti
I see a lot more frag disks in the newer pictures :lol:
More real estate :D = more frags :dance: but < $ :sad2:

Also this was taken right after SW-CFM and I picked some stuff from John Dakan and Steve Tyree.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15263175#post15263175 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FUA
wow coralline growth and just overall grown in look of your first tank is amazing
Thanks FUA. I've been pleased with my overall growth but there are many pieces that seem to have none. I need me some of that Coral Growth & Color Hormone that Kenny and Mark are hording.

Your Red Watermellon is glowing in this picture. Where is the blue Matrix in this picture? I'm going to order it soon and would like to see yours.

Looking good Dan... I was lucky enough to see his tank in person. The corals looks much better in person and the tank is super clean.

So i was right about the fish... You need more fish in that tank bro...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15264688#post15264688 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mylittlejade
Your Red Watermellon is glowing in this picture. Where is the blue Matrix in this picture? I'm going to order it soon and would like to see yours.
Thanks Bryan. If you can believe it, the RWM got even better color when I moved it a bit higher. BTW the Pink that you traded me is starting to grow out a little so I'm really happy. Typical slow watermelon growth but I was worried that it was going to die so :thumbsup: . The Blue Matrix is just below the center of the tank, just above the Tubs Blue zoa colony, on the double frag disk. This has been a super slow grower for me but the frag was an odd shape when I got it, just a lump and still just a lump.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15265135#post15265135 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jar*Head
Looking good Dan... I was lucky enough to see his tank in person. The corals looks much better in person and the tank is super clean.

So i was right about the fish... You need more fish in that tank bro...
Thanks Steve. If you want to talk about a tank that looks much better in person it's your monster. I've got a new lens so I want to come by and snap a few, maybe on Sunday? After the two wrasses I'm thinking of adding some Anthia, any recommendations?

I think the Red will get brighter when its up higher, but it will get that blueish teal in between the eyes when its a little lower or getting indirect light.

Thanks Mark, good to know. I love the red and because it's off to the side, it get that blueish teal on the less light side. BTW I'm still have a little trouble with the Rapsberry Sherbet. I've got good PE but its still browned out. It's about 8"-10" right below the MH is pretty good flow. I know I need to be more patient but how does the placement shound?

Yep, It takes a while to settle in. Does it have any new branches yet? That is when the coral will settle in and get the green tips ;)

Back