DanW's 187 SPS Dominated Reef Journal

Hey Terry, I've not been to Vivid...yet. It's about an hour away (with no traffic) on the other side of LA, so there's always traffic. I've heard good things about them though. What are you interested in?

Vivid is worth taking the horrible drive at least once. They have an awesome display tank (800-gallon mainly sps) which makes it worth the drive...once. They also have the best coral selection of any LFS I have ever seen. With that said, I live 70-miles away and it took me almost 4-hours to get home last time I went out there on a weekday.

Microcladus.jpg

Love me some Upscales Microcladus :thumbsup:.

I thought that was your Reef's Ready Grape Juice? Or is it a Microladus with a fancy name?

Either way nice coral!~ I've got a piece of Microladus from Steve that looks similar but is just a nubbin still yet.

Hey Terry, I've not been to Vivid...yet. It's about an hour away (with no traffic) on the other side of LA, so there's always traffic. I've heard good things about them though. What are you interested in?

A LOTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :lmao: :inlove:

Vivid is worth taking the horrible drive at least once. They have an awesome display tank (800-gallon mainly sps) which makes it worth the drive...once. They also have the best coral selection of any LFS I have ever seen. With that said, I live 70-miles away and it took me almost 4-hours to get home last time I went out there on a weekday.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll give them a try.

Love me some Upscales Microcladus :thumbsup:.

Hey your good at this :beer:

Is that what one of mine will grow up to be some day??? Cool!!!

Probably better since you have better lighting.

Makes sense then why you have not...especially since you have so many great looking corals to post pics of, like that Microcladus

Thanks Ryan.

Lucky, I can't seem to get that coral to live in my tank to save me ...

Sara, if I can do it I'm absolutely sure you can. Let me know if you want me to send you out a piece.

I thought that was your Reef's Ready Grape Juice? Or is it a Microladus with a fancy name?

Either way nice coral!~ I've got a piece of Microladus from Steve that looks similar but is just a nubbin still yet.
Similar in color but it's the Upscales Microcladus here

Sara, if I can do it I'm absolutely sure you can. Let me know if you want me to send you out a piece.

Thank you! I'm on round 2 and have about a 1/2" frag still struggling to hang on. I'll let you know if I lose it and am up for a round 3 challenge :hammer:

Thank you! I'm on round 2 and have about a 1/2" frag still struggling to hang on. I'll let you know if I lose it and am up for a round 3 challenge :hammer:
Anytime Sara just say the word and it's on the way :thumbsup:

Mark, you have this piece right? Do the coralites grow really extened for you? I think I've had two coralites broken off by fishes as they swam by...or maybe I have a rogue crab or something but I don't think so.

Mark, you have this piece right? Do the coralites grow really extened for you? I think I've had two coralites broken off by fishes as they swam by...or maybe I have a rogue crab or something but I don't think so.

Sometimes, and then the branches fill in along the way :thumbsup:

Back