Eric's Red Sea Reefer 525XL Build

That should be locline.

Also, on the Red Sea stands. Is the top of the stand flat or is there a sunk/recessed area the tank sits into? What are your thoughts on the build quality of the stand?

Thanks

Thanks. Less than I thought. I saw you recommended a 3D printed locking attachment for the Red Sea return line. Would that work on the 625/750 as well?

Yes I'm not pushing a lot of flow through the overflow. However it can handle a lot more than that, about 4000 l/ph. I just use my mp40's for flow in the tank and low flow through the sump for more contact time with the skimmer.

As for the attachment I have no idea. If Red Sea uses the same sie return for the 625/750 then yes it will work. If the make it bigger then no.

That should be locline.

Also, on the Red Sea stands. Is the top of the stand flat or is there a sunk/recessed area the tank sits into? What are your thoughts on the build quality of the stand?

Thanks

The top of the stand is flat. The tank is the same length and width of the stand. As for the quality of the stand I think is excellent. The painted finish on the door is of really high quality and the MDF material used for the stand is not your typical cheap MDF found on most mass produced stands. Really don't have anything complains about the build quality of the stand or the tank.

Thank you and I am too as you can tell :) Here is a sneak peak as to what the sump area is beginning to look like.

Reefer 525XL -2-20-2017 by Reefer525XL, on Flickr

I agree awesome build !

But won't the screws holding the return pipe clamps pull out in time,with all that weight from the reactors in a closed humid cabinet?
I would support the weight with something like an acrylic shelf.

If that happens the top pipe could warp and you could have a flood.
Or the weight over time will press on the pump housing and warp that;
Witch will be less of a problem but noise and premature wear will happen.

Very curious to hear about your experience with ATI's customer service.Ive learned they have been horrible with support reading other hobbyists experiences. Please keep us posted

I agree awesome build !

But won't the screws holding the return pipe clamps pull out in time,with all that weight from the reactors in a closed humid cabinet?
I would support the weight with something like an acrylic shelf.

If that happens the top pipe could warp and you could have a flood.
Or the weight over time will press on the pump housing and warp that;
Witch will be less of a problem but noise and premature wear will happen.
Thank you! As for your questions, I don't expect that to happen. I put a sealant on the screw and in-between the PVC bracket and stand so moisture getting in there and softening the high density MDF is very unlikely. As for the weight, I have 5 brackets each with 2 screws so thats 10 screws. I don't know the exact holding strength of each screw but I have no doubts it will hold. Next time I take one of the reactors I will weight it full of media and water to have a better idea of the weight thats being held up by the screws.

Thanks for the info. Very clean install.
Thank you!

Very curious to hear about your experience with ATI's customer service.Ive learned they have been horrible with support reading other hobbyists experiences. Please keep us posted
Im assuming you are referring to my post on the Powermodule thread correct? If so I have yet to call them but will be doing so in an hour so I will report back what they say.

You've done an amazing job, I really like the rock work in the tank! I just added that sand to my reefer 250, I've ran the tank bare bottom for a few months. Decided it was time for sand, didn't rinse the sand and the clouding wasn't that bad!

You've done an amazing job, I really like the rock work in the tank! I just added that sand to my reefer 250, I've ran the tank bare bottom for a few months. Decided it was time for sand, didn't rinse the sand and the clouding wasn't that bad!
Thank you Sir! I love this sand, best sand imo. I did rinse mine in a 5 gal bucket and when I filled the tank there was zero cloudiness, crystal clear.

Did you get help from ATI? Is your fixture still having issues?
Yes I did. They were very helpful and no the fixture no longer has any problems. Working fine.

I have a float switch on my skimmer as well and I don't think I'd ever not have one. Save my skimmer from many overflows over the years.

A few more questions as I plan my 750 build:

On your manifold, which gate valves are you running?

What type of LED under cabinet lighting did you go with? Do you feel it's bright enough?

Thanks

I have a float switch on my skimmer as well and I don't think I'd ever not have one. Save my skimmer from many overflows over the years.

Same here, I had one on my previous skimmer and saved me on several occasions from a huge mess. It was a Regal 300 so the cup was HUGE!

A few more questions as I plan my 750 build:

On your manifold, which gate valves are you running?

What type of LED under cabinet lighting did you go with? Do you feel it's bright enough?

Thanks

Im using 1/2" Spears gate valves. The light in the sump area is a T5/LED Integrated light. Cool white which is around 6000K. Its really bright and gets the job done. You can find them on eBay. There a a few vendors that ship out of CA, cost a bit more but you get it faster.

Depending on how you plan to use them you might need to get the cord with a switch, its sold separately. In my case I use my controller to turn it on when I open the cabinet doors so I just have it plugged directly into the power bar.

Awesome looking tank good sir! I have a question about those reactors. How in the world are they just hanging there? Or am I just crazy? haha

Back