FINNEX 22G GLASS M-TANK w/ 150watt HQI + 36W PC + LED UPGRADE JOURNAL (pics a must!)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8073386#post8073386 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CamBarr
can you get just the tank by itself???

I emailed Ken from Finnex and I'm waiting for his reply (probably on Tuesday). I asked about the 22g glass M-Tank.

sweet keep me posted if you find out im not a fan of the lighting and filtraton but the tanks is pretty cool

PA has the 20g by the way. I'm sure others have seen it, but I posted this because some people seemed interested. It's acrylic though, and I'm not much of a fan of acrylic, especially for this small of a tank. The odd thing is that it's quite a bit more and it doesn't have the skimmer(refugium instead). I realize that acrylic costs more, but it's about $75 more for a tank that's a bit smaller and doesn't have the skimmer. Seems odd to me. I was actually thinking about going with the Biocube from Oceanic, since I can get the 14g locally for about $180. The lighting is a bit on the week side, but I only want it for softies. I have MH over my main tank, so this would be for a "change of pace".

Acrylic tanks are 4% more evil than glass tanks. Do NOT buy an acrylic tank unless you want scuffs and tiny scratches ruining your view of your reef, and bowing over time which distorts your fish like those crazy mirrors in the fun house!

Acrylic isn't that bad, you just have to take care of it. And if you had that bad of a time with it bowing, you must have had a cheap acrylic tank. For this size tank, I wouldn't be worried about it bowing. I just hate the idea of having to be so careful. I'm kinda crazy with my rockwork. And 9 times out of 10, I have some piece of rock touching the tank. That wouldn't work too well with acrylic. The rounded corners on it look great. I just couldn't justify the extra $75 for no skimmer and adding acrylic. That seems crazy to me!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8065157#post8065157 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Brian Koyama
That is a sweet tank. I'm thinking of going that route when the funds come in. Where are you getting the tank from? I checked w/Finnex and they only gave me places back east that sell them. No one on the west coast is a supplier for them.

Brian

Nanocustom sell thems but I don't think they stock em so they probably drop ship from the factory. Thus, you can't see the tanks before you buy but call them.

5.5G Nano pics...

5.5G Nano pics...

p1010104.jpg

p1010111.jpg

p1010116.jpg

p1010125.jpg

p1010117.jpg

I have the same light which came from nanotuners with the 14k Phoenix. I tried a 14k XM and like it much better whiter and brighter with a hint of blue. The Phoenix seemed to get dim and very blue quickly

ORDER PLACED!

ORDER PLACED!

Good news... today I placed an order for the tank + stand from www.premiumaquatics.com ... use their live chat feature! Jay was very helpful. He even got me a picture of the stand.... look how cool:

mtg-1801c.jpg

More to come when my new toy arrives!

Back