FINNEX 22G GLASS M-TANK w/ 150watt HQI + 36W PC + LED UPGRADE JOURNAL (pics a must!)

cpreefguy - exactly!

My lfs had the bomb live rock! I bought 10lbs from them and 10lbs marshall island from premium aquatics which will arrive wednesday... got the LR in my tank now which came with millions of hitch hikers... including 3 hermits... 1 of which is in my 5.5.... and 2 snails... 1 i put into my 5.5 as well... pics to come when it clears up... the LR also has some polyps on it!

sounds like the stuff wasnt cured yet, not a real big problem but you are going to get massive die off. I would put all the inverts in your 5.5 so they dont die during the drastic NH4/NO3/NO2 swings that are inevitably going to ensue. Other than that i see no probs but having to wait longer for live stock/cycling.

nice find man, its hard to find something more fun than watching the hitchikers come out of new live rock.

Its cured? It's from a display tank that was being broken down - i got suuuper lucky...

MAKE THESE MICRO BUBBLES CEASE!

Recieved the last of my live rock from premium aquatics... I've decided to abandon the reef wall idea I like it better this way.... finished my aquascaping and I WILL TAKE PICS WHEN THE WATER CLEARS!!!!!!

Hydor flo is pretty cool too... I might need some more flow in this tank so we will seee about that now its CYCLE TIME WOOT!

AQUASCAPING PICS!!!

AQUASCAPING PICS!!!

Still a little dirty but looking great! Check out the aquascaping I did when the second 10 lbs of live rock came from premium aquatics... it seemed high quality but the rock at my LFS was way superior... either way I am happy with it! Also recieved my hydor flo (rotating water deflector) from premium aquatics... they happened to have the best price for it too =o) I might shave the outside bottom portion off the hydor flo - i haven't decided yet.

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

Nice updates & good work so far.
Been following your post...this is encouraging me to start my 20g glass (w/ rounded corners) Finnex tank sooner than later.
Keep the pics and updates coming! - Matt

UPDATE BEFORE THE BIG FREAKIN PARTY!!!!

UPDATE BEFORE THE BIG FREAKIN PARTY!!!!

Tossed a sacrificial zebra damsel in there... still alive as are my corals. The slightly damaged zoas that were in there are starting to open up! I put some of them in my 5.5 and they are finally opening up too... they have crazy orange and purple colors!!!! Took 3-4 days for them to start feeling better. I feel as if my tank is cycled already because there was little or no die off... only time will tell!

I'm throwing a huge party tonight (don't worry tank is protected) for my 21st b-day... and my friend Drew is bringing up 3 - 4 frags for me! I will throw them in my 5.5 and take pictures when I sober up... stay tuned

Turned the protein skimmer off as Ken from finnex told me not to run it for a month.
Also I ordered more moonlight leds from Finnex direct... I feel like the tank needs more...

Ah... 21. That was 9 years ago for me. I can still remember that 1st drink and can't remember the last.

;)

The tank is shaping up nicely. I like the rocks. I can't wait to see the frags and the other Zoas you have in the 5.5G.

Hope you have or had a great 21st B-Day. I know I did.

Looks great but the guy who put the stand together must have been technically challanged.... notice the gap between the doors for the cabinet, and most of all how you can see the locking screws from the front of the tank.... OOOOPS! Tank looks great, dual overflows are cool but I like my rain trays which help keep the tank cool - otherwise I think the MH would start to make it run on the warm side. I'm thinking about removing the skimmer and adding a remora or something high quality and turning that chamber into a refugium... I can order a light from finnex and notch out the glass.... ahhh who knows - just got my extra led moon lights this morning! The delivery guy rang the doorbell which made my hangover that much more apparent... more to come later! Thnx SeaSwag!!

Rounded corners = less strong = cracking = dead animals!

NYproDJ -
Not sure why you think that?
It's not the bends that have caused cracking in the small nano's out there that everyone reads about...IMO it's the overall cheap craftsmanship with the thin glass thickness. ie) Oceanic makes large nice bowfront's with big radius's (but thick glass) and I've never once heard of them cracking.

Well anyway - your tank is taking shape nicely. It's great following this thread.

Matt <Ocean In A Box>

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8251391#post8251391 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NYproDJ
Looks great but the guy who put the stand together must have been technically challanged.... notice the gap between the doors for the cabinet, and most of all how you can see the locking screws from the front of the tank.... OOOOPS! Tank looks great, dual overflows are cool but I like my rain trays which help keep the tank cool - otherwise I think the MH would start to make it run on the warm side. I'm thinking about removing the skimmer and adding a remora or something high quality and turning that chamber into a refugium... I can order a light from finnex and notch out the glass.... ahhh who knows - just got my extra led moon lights this morning! The delivery guy rang the doorbell which made my hangover that much more apparent... more to come later! Thnx SeaSwag!!

So how was that 21st B-Day Spud?

;)

Spud? The party was insanity! I have alot of guests here so when they all leave I will post pics of the party and of my tank... my friend who was supposed to bring the frags for me didn't bring them because he's had drug encounters of the 3rd kind... pics to come I promise!

Back