GHL Doser 2 Owners Club

Manual dosing for ALK

Manual dosing for ALK

So when I go to manual dosing at least on my phone I am limited to 8 times a day. Is this all I can do with the GHL? I would like to dose every hour on the hour for ALK. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Joe

These things were not very clear in the instructions. Someone should spend some time re-writing those. It would be a simple effort and save a lot of people a lot of time and frustration.

The instructions are as bad as the doser is good. Doser is hands down the best unit that I have ever used, but the instructions, to the degree that there are any, are dreadful. It's curious, because the Germans are typically good at that kind of thing. It's fortunate there is such good support on line. Otherwise I'd have no hair left; instead of just missing a tuft or two.

So when I go to manual dosing at least on my phone I am limited to 8 times a day. Is this all I can do with the GHL? I would like to dose every hour on the hour for ALK. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Joe

150 times a day at various speeds. Use the control center or myGHL.

Anyone know the total amount I can push through the doser? I want to use 2 heads for an auto water changer but am concerned with how much I can actually push through. I believe I heard it can handle only 2 liters a day at MACNA but the show was a blur so I might be mis remembering.

This will be going on a 93 cube with a total water volume of 120 gallons. I would like to change just over a gallon a day to keep things fresh and then my normal weekly or biweekly 20% water change.

So if anyone knows the amount I can push through the unit I would appreciate it.

Finally if I don't use it for an ATC unit I can get away with 3 heads to start. Since we can master/slave the units I could expand to a 4 head doser later and control it with the 3 head unit correct?

Finally if I don't use it for an ATC unit I can get away with 3 heads to start. Since we can master/slave the units I could expand to a 4 head doser later and control it with the 3 head unit correct?

That's what I did. Bought a stand alone with 3 pumps initially, then added a slave with four more. In retrospect, I think I should have bought the initial unit with 4 rather than 3 pumps .....

Anyone know the total amount I can push through the doser? I want to use 2 heads for an auto water changer but am concerned with how much I can actually push through. I believe I heard it can handle only 2 liters a day at MACNA but the show was a blur so I might be mis remembering.

This will be going on a 93 cube with a total water volume of 120 gallons. I would like to change just over a gallon a day to keep things fresh and then my normal weekly or biweekly 20% water change.

So if anyone knows the amount I can push through the unit I would appreciate it.

I'm currently using it to change out 1.5g per day. 114ml 50x per day. That's 5.7 liters. I don't seem to have any problems with the volume. Are you looking to change water all in one "dose"?

I'm currently using it to change out 1.5g per day. 114ml 50x per day. That's 5.7 liters. I don't seem to have any problems with the volume. Are you looking to change water all in one "dose"?

No I would want to drain small portions and then put them back in throughout the day so I dont have an ATO fire off or anything else to swing parameters.

Good to know you are running that much through it. Like I said MACNA was a blur so I had a ton of info to digest and my brain probably filed something wrong.

Is everybody happy with the doser and the cloud service?
The WiFi and the ability to control the doser from the internet is a selling point for me.
Thanks,

GHL Doser 2 Owners Club

Is everybody happy with the doser and the cloud service?
The WiFi and the ability to control the doser from the internet is a selling point for me.
Thanks,

It's slow (especially on an iPad) but works as advertised.

For me the cloud is a lot better than the app.

I got my Doser 2 a week ago, and the software is a pain in the neck. I chose it solely for the cloud service, so I can monitor it when I am away. I deeply regret buying it.

The cloud service doesn't work on Nook II (Android OS). I use the Nook to manage everything. The cloud service pages doesn't scale on my Android phone. The response time is too long. When I click a function, something else happens. I spent an hour last night trying to schedule a manual dose.

The app works locally only, and it takes long time to connect. I have to re-connect after every action I do. Once it is disconnected from the doser, it take up to 20 minutes to connect again... very aggravating. My network is solid without any problems, so I know for a fact it is not my connectivity.

The doser itself lacks any physical controls other than one button for each doser head. So, the app or the cloud service is the only way to communicate and manage the doser. With broken software like this, it is garbage to me. I can't believe they released this software for public use.

I got my Doser 2 a week ago, and the software is a pain in the neck. I chose it solely for the cloud service, so I can monitor it when I am away. I deeply regret buying it.

The cloud service doesn't work on Nook II (Android OS). I use the Nook to manage everything. The cloud service pages doesn't scale on my Android phone. The response time is too long. When I click a function, something else happens. I spent an hour last night trying to schedule a manual dose.

The app works locally only, and it takes long time to connect. I have to re-connect after every action I do. Once it is disconnected from the doser, it take up to 20 minutes to connect again... very aggravating. My network is solid without any problems, so I know for a fact it is not my connectivity.

The doser itself lacks any physical controls other than one button for each doser head. So, the app or the cloud service is the only way to communicate and manage the doser. With broken software like this, it is garbage to me. I can't believe they released this software for public use.

My experience as well. Also throw in no logging and poor to no customer support. I don't get why so many praise this doser. Hopefully it stays consistent and never fails.

My experience as well. Also throw in no logging and poor to no customer support. I don't get why so many praise this doser. Hopefully it stays consistent and never fails.

I did extensive search prior to buying it, and I didn't find any major complaints about the software. I don't understand the glowing reviews to this products. It is probably why the company didn't bother to fix the software.

I wrote an email to the company detailing my experience with their software. Their response to me was one sentence "what can we do for you?" Seriously!

What a shame!

BalckTip,

We recently changed cloud service providers to allow for more improvements to myGHL and still making improvements to the service. I will forward your concerns over to GHL Germany and have them address the issues with myGHL loading times and scaling.

Programming can also be done over the PC; the direct connection via USB allows for quicker response times.

Please send me an email so I can help you out:
info@ghlusa.com

BalckTip,

We recently changed cloud service providers to allow for more improvements to myGHL and still making improvements to the service. I will forward your concerns over to GHL Germany and have them address the issues with myGHL loading times and scaling.

Programming can also be done over the PC; the direct connection via USB allows for quicker response times.

info@ghlusa.com
Except you can't update the firmware or even use the software if you have Windows 10 so if you do you'll have to find another PC or reinstall Windows 8.

BalckTip,

info@ghlusa.com

I bought your product for the ability to mange it over the web, so connecting it to a PC is not going to solve the problems.

I have already sent the company an email detailing my experience, and the response was one liner "What can we do for you?". The sender didn't even bother to acknowledge the problems, offer a solution, nor an apology.

My advice to you or to your company is to focus on one single software and get it right. Nobody needs 3 different types of software. One good working software is enough.

And finally, you need to put a disclaimer on the website stating that the software doesn't work with Android, because it doesn't. Probably it doesn't work with mobile devices.

Back