GHL Doser 2 Owners Club

Except you can't update the firmware or even use the software if you have Windows 10 so if you do you'll have to find another PC or reinstall Windows 8.

Thanks for the heads up. It was in my schedule to upgrade to Windows 10 this weekend.

Some changes are needed at this company IT department.

We have some users running our PC software on Win10 without issues. Others have reported connection issues with the new OS and gone back to Win 8 for a more stable connection. There has been no official announcement to state that GCC is fully compatible with Win10, OS upgrades are done at your own risk.

The GHL Control app for Android works. We have displayed our app at shows numerous times, have many users operating the doser through the app, and have my personal doser accessed through the app with no issues. When connecting through the app, it does need a minute to connect, that is not out of the scope of normal operation. I can assist you further if you send me an email.

We have some users running our PC software on Win10 without issues. Others have reported connection issues with the new OS and gone back to Win 8 for a more stable connection. There has been no official announcement to state that GCC is fully compatible with Win10, OS upgrades are done at your own risk.

The GHL Control app for Android works. We have displayed our app at shows numerous times, have many users operating the doser through the app, and have my personal doser accessed through the app with no issues. When connecting through the app, it does need a minute to connect, that is not out of the scope of normal operation. I can assist you further if you send me an email.

Yes, the app works when connected. The problem is that it takes long time to connect. After every single operation, it disconnect itself. When I try to connect back, I get the error message "connection failed". I have to try to connect repeatedly, until I connect back again. This can take up to 20 min. Last night I was trying to schedule manual dosing. The process took long time, when it should not take more than couple of min..

The cloud service on the other hand, doesn't work with my 2 mobile devices, Nook II and an Android phone. Again, the cloud service is the reason I bought the product. I was expecting a could service like the one provided by Apex. It works on all of my mobile devices, never got kicked out, and very fast.

:reading: To be clear on the matter.. Preforming firmware updates or anything else related to GHL Control Center works fine for me, Windows 10.

I can preform Firmware updates all day long..
item.JPG

Some of you guys that have this Doser, with or without issues should make some videos showing which app is being used and to see it running.

Last edited:
:reading: To be clear on the matter.. Preforming firmware updates or anything else related to GHL Control Center works fine for me, Windows 10.

I can preform Firmware updates all day long..
item.JPG
What version of the GHL software and firmware ?

Vinny pointed me to this thread here
We have to ask you for your understanding that GHL gives regular support in the official GHL support forum

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/forum.php

please start there for each topic a new thread

it is impossible to handle support enquiries if you have a mixture of many different topics in one thread, like we have it here (Windows 10, Firmware Update, GCC, Cloud, Apps, general use, how to connect, WLAN issues, etc.)

I also found here some confusion about GHL Control Center and Windows 10.

To make it clear:

GHL Control Center works on all Windows OS from Windows Vista to Windows 10.
In most cases it will also work on XP, but we can't guarantee that because MS discontinued the XP support.

I see here some people complaining about connection problems

It is essential to update to the newest GHL Control Center and to the newest doser firmware.

If you have not already done:
Please updateto the newest versions, at the moment we have:
GCC 1.0.7.5
Doser Firmware 1.13

After updating the doser I recommend a power-cycle in order to do a full reset.

Matthias:

You and Vinny are deflecting and not addressing the aforementioned issues. I know you are trying to lead the conversation away from here. You had this opportunity. I contacted you first through the email to open a private channel of communication. I spent 15 min. writing an email detailing my experience with your product, and your response to me was five words.

So, the issues again are:

1- The cloud service (MyGhl.com) doesn't work on Android mobile devices. I tried it on Nook II and HTC phone. It is buggy and extremely slow.

2- The app (GHL control) constantly looses connection to the doser. It takes many many tries and up to 20 min. to be able to connect back.

When are you planning on fixing the above issues? We need a time frame.

I have the latest firmware and software. And my connectivity to the doser and mobile devices are solid and tested.

GHL Control Center version 1.0.7.5
*Windows 7 x64 bit from GHL Downloads*

GHL Doser 2 firmware 1.13

Why are you using the Windows 7 version and not 8 for your Windows 10 OS?

Consider yourself fortunate your firmware install was successful. I spent a couple hours troubleshooting this issue and narrowed it down to the USBVCOM driver.

I've worked in IT for over 15 years and love it when I hear someone say, "it works for me". That's actually a running joke in the field. Just because it works for 1 person doesn't mean it will work for everyone or even most.

As far as GHL supporting Windows 10, I am now seeing mixed communications. Head on over to the GHL forum and you'll see others issues. Nice to see GHL defending their product and directing us to their sponsor forum, but if you would please help us Doser 2 owners in your own forums. Vinny did respond to me there, but his suggestion was to downgrade to Windows 8. Sorry, not an option. Please update your driver or the application's compatibility with the driver, Windows 10 and hardware.

And, myself and others have asked another question about AWC with the Doser 2 in the GHL forum but received no reply. Since the Doser instruction manual is a bit lacking perhaps you can explain how to conduct auto water changes with the Doser 2.

Thanks

Why are you using the Windows 7 version and not 8 for your Windows 10 OS?

Consider yourself fortunate your firmware install was successful. I spent a couple hours troubleshooting this issue and narrowed it down to the USBVCOM driver.

I've worked in IT for over 15 years and love it when I hear someone say, "it works for me". That's actually a running joke in the field. Just because it works for 1 person doesn't mean it will work for everyone or even most.

As far as GHL supporting Windows 10, I am now seeing mixed communications. Head on over to the GHL forum and you'll see others issues. Nice to see GHL defending their product and directing us to their sponsor forum, but if you would please help us Doser 2 owners in your own forums. Vinny did respond to me there, but his suggestion was to downgrade to Windows 8. Sorry, not an option. Please update your driver or the application's compatibility with the driver, Windows 10 and hardware.

And, myself and others have asked another question about AWC with the Doser 2 in the GHL forum but received no reply. Since the Doser instruction manual is a bit lacking perhaps you can explain how to conduct auto water changes with the Doser 2.

Thanks

Windows 7 happened to be the Operating System that i had originally installed via Bootcamp to run GHL Control Center, which i have been using since December, 2014. Prior to GHL releasing updated Software/Firmware these past two months(?). I had Windows 10 installed and had flashed multiple Firmwares to my Doser 2 for testing. Once i saw everything was stable with Control Center and Windows 10. I didn't see a reason to install GHL's software for Windows, 8, 8.1.

As you have stated "You can't update the Firmware or even use the Software if you have Windows 10". My action was to show that it does in fact work as some believe otherwise. -No joke

I guess you're just gonna have to be patient for a Windows 10 fix?(Like any other company besides GHL) and a updated manual to explain AWS.

I got a Surface II this past weekend, and MyGhl.com doesn't work on it using Internet Explorer either. It is obvious that the cloud service was not developed for mobile devices.

I got a Surface II this past weekend, and MyGhl.com doesn't work on it using Internet Explorer either. It is obvious that the cloud service was not developed for mobile devices.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are experiencing?

Photos will not show the problems. Videos will, but I am not going to do that.

just curious, in all your posts you say you want the issue fixed or better support and you just wrote a video will show the issue which if the case would throw huge credence to your complaint but then state you refuse to make one?

sorry I just find that rather odd.

just curious, in all your posts you say you want the issue fixed or better support and you just wrote a video will show the issue which if the case would throw huge credence to your complaint but then state you refuse to make one?

sorry I just find that rather odd.

The issues are real and the company doesn't deny them. I am not the only one who is complaining about the horrible software. Do a search on the forum, and you will find plenty.

Why don't you or the company make a video and prove that the software is working?

Last edited:
I sell them so know them pretty well ;) And me showing a working doser does not exactly help resolve your issue.

If a client has an issue which is not overly populated to the mass market I suggest you show the issue you are having so it can be resolved otherwise how do you expect a manufacturer to replicate it. Its all very well shouting on public forums but that resolves nothing the more reasoned approach would be to work with the manufacturer in a constructive manner to work through the issue.

Nothing has ever come from public product debagging, where as constructive one to one support dialogue does.

Im not saying you do not have any issue im sure you do and likely not alone, but these past posts have done nothing to address the issue and now you wont even share your issue, thus can not be looked into. Your seem very well placed and knowledgeable as to the effects of the issue so could be a useful source to help others.

So lets be constructive show us the issue so it can be resolved.

Last edited:
Back