GHL Doser 2 Owners Club

I sell them so know them pretty well ;)

If a client has an issue which is not overly populated to the mass market I suggest you show the issue you are having so it can be resolved otherwise how do you expect a manufacturer to replicate it. Its all very well shouting on public forums but that resolves nothing the more reasoned approach would be to work with the manufacturer in a constructive manner to work through the issue.

Nothing has ever come from public product debagging, where as constructive one to one support dialogue does.

Im not saying you do not have any issue im sure you do and likely not alone, but these past posts have done nothing to address the issue and now you wont even share your issue, thus can not be looked into.

Shouting on a public forum is not my style. I always try to work with the company support first. I contacted the company, before I posted here. I detailed everything in an email. Their response to me was dismissive (five words), and it was the reason I posted it here.

Even here, they never addressed anything I asked them about. They tried to deflect and direct this conversation to their own forum. They know their software is not working. All what they need to do is to pick up an android or a Microsoft device and try to connect to one of their doser.

All I am asking is for you to video the issue and send it to Vinny so it can be looked out.

Its a bold statement to say "its not working" Maybe not for you I 100% feel your pain. BUT If it was not working their own forum would be full to breaking point of complaints and on here, both are very well read forums, and in this industry there is a monumental trend to thrash products on forums but rarely speak praises, it goes with the territory of the industry.

So lets step back a bit send the info you have to Vinny and you might get a pleasant surprise. If you are really not willing to do that then sorry you have issues, and lets move the thread along as its not going to get any of us anywhere.

All I am asking is for you to video the issue and send it to Vinny so it can be looked out.

Its a bold statement to say "its not working" Maybe not for you I 100% feel your pain. BUT If it was not working their own forum would be full to breaking point of complaints and on here, both are very well read forums, and in this industry there is a monumental trend to thrash products on forums but rarely speak praises, it goes with the territory of the industry.

So lets step back a bit send the info you have to Vinny and you might get a pleasant surprise. If you are really not willing to do that then sorry you have issues, and lets move the thread along as its not going to get any of us anywhere.

As I said, I have already detailed everything in my first email to them. And, detailed most of it on this thread.

Vinny and Matthias still have not addressed any of the issues I stated in the above posts. I didn't hear anything from them.

To summarize again:

- MyGhl.com cloud service is very buggy on Nook II, Android phone, and Microsoft Surface II.

- GHL Control app disconnect after every action, and it takes too long to connect back. Error message is "Failed to Connect"

I am curious to know whether Myghl.com works on Apple devices? Anyone with an apple phone or an IPad?

After all this I am becoming motivated to create a video. I can post it up on YouTube. Myself and others have posted threads in your own forum. Some get answered, some don't. Some of those answers don't resolve the issues.

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/forumdisplay.php?12-PC-Software

Bottom line is the software/firmware/app are not very well polished and contain bugs. The instructions are not current or complete and requests for instructions on how to do things aren't answered. I'm guessing there's little time for those who speak/write in English to respond, or else there's no good answer.

So far the hardware hasn't failed me. I've been able to create schedules and the Doser 2 follows them. It's the user experience, the usability and upgradability which aren't very good. You guys are trying to compete with others and when one of those competitors is now Neptune the bar has been raised.

I'll see if I can find the time to create a video this week.

After all this I am becoming motivated to create a video. I can post it up on YouTube. Myself and others have posted threads in your own forum. Some get answered, some don't. Some of those answers don't resolve the issues.

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/forumdisplay.php?12-PC-Software

Bottom line is the software/firmware/app are not very well polished and contain bugs. The instructions are not current or complete and requests for instructions on how to do things aren't answered. I'm guessing there's little time for those who speak/write in English to respond, or else there's no good answer.

So far the hardware hasn't failed me. I've been able to create schedules and the Doser 2 follows them. It's the user experience, the usability and upgradability which aren't very good. You guys are trying to compete with others and when one of those competitors is now Neptune the bar has been raised.

I'll see if I can find the time to create a video this week.

I was having major trouble with the doser and connecting to wifi. I posted a couple questions on the GHL forum that were not answered.

I emailed a staff member who I had previously experience with. Those went unanswered. I was told he left the company, but I didn't received a send failure from the emails so somebody got them.

Then I posted here on RC to try and get GHL to respond. Which they have claiming that all their staff were sick? This I find intriguing but I'll except their reasoning.

I was then personally looked after through private email with the owner, Matthias. While he did his best to help I am no computer genius! Eventually I fixed my problem, though not sure how though hahaha!?

I think the major issue is that people have come to expect a level of customer service and the rest of the world has just not caught up yet. I live in Hong Kong and there is virtually ZERO customer service. Once you walk out the door, your on your own.

I also understand that language is an issue. I am married to a non native English speaker. I also work with non native English speakers and you need to be extremely careful with how you word things as the tiniest word can change the meaning of what you are trying to say. Doing this via internet only compounds the problem.

I honestly believe Matthias and GHL try their best. Work with them and they will mostly sort you out. But it will require you to give them as much info as possible.

And another big thanks to Michael!

I am thinking about order this unit and was wondering if it comes with tubing and also what size tubing does it require?

Flow rate calibration - default 450ml/min

Flow rate calibration - default 450ml/min

I have a question regarding flow rate calibration, the default value is actually 450 ml/min. But according to my understanding the maximum flow rate is 45 ml/min. So without performing calibration it will be way off?

Hi,

Our early batches of dosers had the default rate set at 450ml/min, it has since then been adjusted to the correct max flow rate. You may want to update to the latest firmware also.

Before running the pumps for the first time, it is best to calibrate them. They should also be calibrated every time the pump speed is changed.

I have been struggling for hours now trying to connect the doser to my Wifi network according to "Integrate over W-LAN in your own network".

In the GHL control center I am pushing the button "Search Wifi", but it is not able to find any wireless network. A search from any other device (phones, laptops etc) easily finds the network.

My firmware version is 1.14.

Please support me in this, i am very close to give up and return it

Br
Anders

Suezen,

If you know your WiFi network details you can input that information into the blank fields.

If you are still having issues, send me an email or PM me.

I love my doser and think the software is a lot easier once you realize that after almost every selection change made, you should push the save button. Besides USB connection, the actions can be slow and delayed, but once it is programmed, it seems to be on the money.

I would most like to see graphing logs in a future update.

Thanks for the support and the best doser on the market!

Back