How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

Well, I found my answer. It appears Swagelok has their own special "Swagelok tube fittings" for connections. Luckily there are adaptors to go from swagelok to npt.

All is good now. I think that what ct_vol wrote is what must have happened. I put it back together and tried again, this time the LP gauge stared at zero and I was able to bring it up by turning the knob. Also the solenoid is working fine now too.

Thanks for all the help, this is one fine regulator now! :bum:

Glad it's working for you! :thumbsup:

IMAG0475_zps7wo1ihlb.jpg

Part#: 1325H2B are the ones I have.

Mine is 1/8 male NPT and 1/8" tubing. That's why you need the B-2-TA-1-2 or B-400-R-2 adapter depending upon application.

Just when i finally got a handle on the Cole Parmer Masterflex thread, this thread is throwing me for a loop. :lol:

It's really not that bad once you get all the parts. Alan did an excellent write up that is easy to follow. The PITA is all the different part manufacturers having different item numbers and adapters!

I finally broke down and got a Swagelok account. Now that I've bought my first round of parts, I figured out I could have bought most of the parts on eBay cheaper.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIGH-PURITY...487?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bd088ebf

Worth $179? Looks like it's new or really good condition?

What about this one? Seems used, but not sure if it's a model number that would work. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Concoa-Dual...301?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f409359fd

Both are bad. I'll tell you why. The Concoa looks too beat up. The Victor has a 200 psi output. That's why the low pressure gauge shows 400psi. It would be hard to adjust the working pressure especially we only use 15 to 20 psi.

Mine was on super tight as well. I braced the regulator on the ground with my foot and used a pipe wrench to get it off.

I'm trying to remove the old nipple/nut so I can install the new CGA320 nipple/nut.
I can not get that sucker to budge. It's not reverse threaded, right? I'm afraid to apply too much force. Everything looks brand new and the old one has some white thread tape on it but I don't see why it would be on so tight.
Any tips???

This is the reg...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AERIFORM-CO...-580-BV-MAX-INLET-3000-PSI-61995/191242791837

Both ones I did were the same way.. I think they use a loctite type product on them or something.. I used a bench vise and force to get it off.

Last edited:
Both ones I did were the same way.. I think they use a loctite type product on them or something.. I used a bench vise and force to get it off.

I tried that last night and again this morning and even that's not working, to the point that the vice has now rounded off the nut so I can't get a good grip on it.

Mine was on stupid tight too. I think I ended up with the regulator on the floor, a vice grip on the nut and a breaker bar on the vice grip, I held the regulator in place with my foot and pushed my weight on the breaker bar to get it to move.

Tried that this morning, running it under scalding hot water.
Even after I got it back in the vise I was burning my hands trying to grip it and apply force to it.
Still no worky. :(

What if you get a little propane torch and torch the nipple and get hot to heat the lock tight or tape whatever is on there let it cool a little bit then try to break it loose.

not the reg its self just the nipple portion.

Back