How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

What if you get a little propane torch and torch the nipple and get hot to heat the lock tight or tape whatever is on there let it cool a little bit then try to break it loose.

not the reg its self just the nipple portion.

Maybe. I don't have one on hand.
I filed down two sides of the nipple so my vice will hold it again.
It's currently locked in the vice and no amount of strength will move it.
I tried putting a small piece of 2x4 against it and hitting the other end of the 2x4 with a rubber mallet and that won't break it loose either.

I have a heat gun and vice at the office. Maybe that will help.

Use a monkey wrench and a vise. Dont apply any heat to the regulator. The working temperature on these regulators are under 150F or so.
3089abb40c5b315e81eb4011122130a4.jpg

ok, i'll try that today.
I'm afraid of snapping it in half with the amount of force I'm applying.

I just had to spend $600 on a new Reeflo pump when I snapped the main shaft while trying to remove the impeller that was seized after 2.5 years of use.

ok, the big pipe wrench and vise trick worked.
But now I know why I was having so much trouble. :furious:
I haven't tried threading on the new nipple yet.

i-nQGDb4m-L.jpg

i-w4GNbb5-L.jpg

ok, the big pipe wrench and vise trick worked.

But now I know why I was having so much trouble. :furious:

I haven't tried threading on the new nipple yet.

i-nQGDb4m-L.jpg

i-w4GNbb5-L.jpg

Oh that doesnt look good. Try to fix the threads with a taper. Wrap extra teflon to the cga320 nipple or you will have a leak.

Here's a Hoke 1300 inline valve. It has a 1/4 tube connection so you dont need the swagelok adaptor. Just connect your 1/4 co2 tube directly to the valve.
Ebay item

Setup will look like this

469A2E27-55C2-4523-9584-382F09F7F048.jpg

Here's a Hoke 1300 inline valve. It has a 1/4 tube connection so you dont need the swagelok adaptor. Just connect your 1/4 co2 tube directly to the valve.
Ebay item

Setup will look like this

469A2E27-55C2-4523-9584-382F09F7F048.jpg

Alan, what is the knob with 10-15 and one lines on it?

Corey

What does it do?

Corey
It's a metering valve to precisely adjust your c02 entering the reactor. It's a must for me now, I didn't realise how crappy the one on the Milwaukee is compared to using this one.. Night and day when it comes to bubble adjustment..

Here's the 22 series needle valve. It's a rare needle valve with a metal vernier handle. It will work nicely with out application.

http://imgur.com/JMchqS0

http://imgur.com/2YV6NMh

Alan,

Do I need that fitting coming from the bottom and the second valve is that just a metering valve if it is should I get a different one or use that one

That is not a metering valve. It's a stop valve. You should remove it. Please look at my first post. The stop valve is not needed. That fitting sticking out from the bottom is a relieve valve. You can leave it there or cap the hole with a 1/4 npt plug. A full Co2 tank is only 800psi. A relieve valve is not required.

So how much pressure can you have going into the Reactor. I have an MTC ProCal Ca reactor and it has a pressure gauge on the first chamber, when running it reads about 3-4 psi inside the unit. I have the CO2 gauge reading at 30psi and I still have a difficult time controlling the bubbles (meaning making fine adjustments say 40 bpm to 50 bpm).

Back