How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

I just picked up a used calcium reactor setup, so I am new to the co2 game. He gave me a couple single stage regulators. Can I just add a hoke metering valve to make it a 2 stage? Also, if the calcium reactor has a bubble counter, do i still need one coming off of the co2 regulator?

No in order to make it a 2stage you need the regulator to be 2 stage and as far as the bubble counter on the other regulator you can remove it and add a metering valve but it will still be a single stage

What can I do about this pressure relief valve? It's in the way of where I want to put the solenoid.

Can I replace it with something smaller or just remove it entirely?
f6df2ca92b444b9690289be7c4e28cda.jpg

No in order to make it a 2stage you need the regulator to be 2 stage and as far as the bubble counter on the other regulator you can remove it and add a metering valve but it will still be a single stage

Is this Danny from Oxnard? It's Mike, lol. I've been reading on building my regulator for he ca reactor thanks to you!

Alan,

Will an airgas E11-C441A be a good regulator?

Is this Danny from Oxnard? It's Mike, lol. I've been reading on building my regulator for he ca reactor thanks to you!

Alan,

Will an airgas E11-C441A be a good regulator?

Yes it's me lol
I'm glad you decided to make one you will be glad you did they are so easy to dialed in

I got some more parts. It seems pretty clear how these bits go together, I'm wondering what the significance is of the little taper/notch thingies on these tubes is.
22ae2d2bdaaf7e6fe1b91080776dc3b2.jpg

Is like to confirm that I don't need to put any type of sleeve or anything on this one.
0db937095a78d19eb88ca90ea0914370.jpg

The compression fittings do not seem to tighten up at all finger tight. Do I need to torque on it a bit with a wrench? How tight do they need to be?

What should I use on the threaded bits? I seem to recall reading something about a liquid Teflon instead of the tape but it's a long thread...

Thanks!

You don't need to use any Teflon on this tube fittings. Just torque it. The ferrules will lock the tube and create a seal.

Trying to figure this one out too.
8728b5f04ebc93c17d947621ee60347c.jpg

I'm not super attached to this bubble counter but it does have a check valve in it. What am I supposed to be hooking up to this to attach the hose?

I've got a fluval bubble counter and an inline check valve, SS with barbs from Taiwan. (I've also got a bubble counter and check valve on my c1502 but I hear the check valves on those tend to fail).

You take that oring and place it on the other end (bottom) of the bubble counter. I guess the manufacturer doesn't have a better place to package this oring.

Hopefully last one for tonight.

What does "P" and "A" mean on my solenoid?
08faa66678540fa7bf5be00fa7043130.jpg

"P" on the solenoid is the incoming pressure side and the "A" is the outgoing side.

Nicely executed!!!!

Thanks alanle!

I've done a bit more reading at the other place and I'm wanting to ditch the JBJ bubble counter, get a swagelock check valve and hook the tubing right up to that. (I've got the green tubing that came with my Korallin now, please let me know if I should get something different.)

Do they have an online place I can get this stuff from? They don't seem to have anyplace in NV as a distributor.

This reg will work but the low pressure gauge reads 400PSI. It's a little bit hard to adjust if you don't mind. This is perfect for multi outputs setup. For single output, get something with 200PSI or less.

Here is a new dual stage at very good price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/23145133738...l?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=231451337385&_rdc=1

check valve:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swagelok-1-...l-SS-4C-1-3-/161700542055?hash=item25a61a7667

Nut and ferrules:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swagelok-1-...s-SS-401-PC-/161314423943?hash=item258f16c487

Thanks alanle!

I've done a bit more reading at the other place and I'm wanting to ditch the JBJ bubble counter, get a swagelock check valve and hook the tubing right up to that. (I've got the green tubing that came with my Korallin now, please let me know if I should get something different.)

Do they have an online place I can get this stuff from? They don't seem to have anyplace in NV as a distributor.

Check valve:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swagelok-1-...l-SS-4C-1-3-/161700542055?hash=item25a61a7667

Nut and ferules:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swagelok-1-...s-SS-401-PC-/161314423943?hash=item258f16c487

Any trick on plying open the DIN, I've not been able to release that from the plastic housing for wiring.

Not sure if this question or response due to picture.

The trick is to unscrew the screw all the way and pry up where it says to. (Labeled "lift" maybe)

I was stumped and I googled around until I found the data sheet on it from berkert.

There is no labeling anywhere, but the instruction stated just remove the contact insert as it can be easily removed.

Need Advice...
I need to replace the CGA 320 nipple and nut.
I tried with pliers and wrench to loosen the CGA 320 nipple , and cant.
I believe i read somewhere here someone had the same issue .
What can i do ?? Hey Alanle... What you suggest ?

thanks ..Janet

Back