How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

without prying?

I think there was very little if any prying, maybe a little pop when it came out, frankly I don't recall because I was immediately annoyed by the terminals the provided. It took me about 30 min of fiddling with it and 5 min of googling for the data sheet (need the data sheet to know which terminal is +, I think it 1+,2- also)

Did you take the screw out all the way?

you will have to find a table top clamp to hold the whole thing really really tight, of course use a heavy padding to prevent scratching of the ss surface, then use a vice and lot of elbow crease to twist the fitting off, there is no way around it unless you are a body builder.

Need Advice...
I need to replace the CGA 320 nipple and nut.
I tried with pliers and wrench to loosen the CGA 320 nipple , and cant.
I believe i read somewhere here someone had the same issue .
What can i do ?? Hey Alanle... What you suggest ?

thanks ..Janet

If you are looking for Burkert Stainless Steel solenoid, this would be a good start. These things retail at $80+.

SS Burkert 6011

BTW, take off the gauges first then try using the wrench. Face down the regulator and use force. Eventually it will come loose. Otherwise use a vise that help a lot.

Alan or anyone,
I have a metering valve ss-ss4 with swagelok 1/4" tube fitting in both ends, what fitting should I get to connect this the burkert solenoid. similar to the one in the picture, thanks.

I know the metering valve has to be low or medium flow.

Those valves will require a ss tube to connect is all I can say. Maybe Alan can chime in.

Also you can put the model number in Google and read the description to see if it's a low or medium flow valve.

I know the metering valve has to be low or medium flow.

Those valves will require a ss tube to connect is all I can say. Maybe Alan can chime in.

Also you can put the model number in Google and read the description to see if it's a low or medium flow valve.

I googled these before I posted and swagelock doesn't say weather they're low or high flow. They have a maximum PSI rating and that's it.

Looking for some help. I can pick up a victor HTP270 with the 320 nipple for $100 locally. Just wondering if it's worth it and would be a good regulator? Thanks

Need Advice...
I need to replace the CGA 320 nipple and nut.
I tried with pliers and wrench to loosen the CGA 320 nipple , and cant.
I believe i read somewhere here someone had the same issue .
What can i do ?? Hey Alanle... What you suggest ?

That was me earlier in this thread.
I had to clamp the reg in a bench vise, then use a large monkey wrench (bigger the better for leverage) and a ton of muscle. It finally broke free. The threads ended up being stripped inside.

Got this in the mail today, this thing looks sexy! If anybody has a metering valve or solenoid for sale at a decent price please pm me ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441162709.147468.jpg

Looks good Mic209. Thanks for the link a few posts back. I have one on the way also, not as good of a deal as you but can't complain at 118.00 shipped.

Finally got all the parts needed, it was a pretty frustrating process gather all right fittings and fine flow metering valve, a pretty rewarding experience in the end knowing that bubbles will come out in a very precise fashion and no end of tank dumping expected.
Thanks to everyone for the inputs, especially Alan for sharing the know hows to all of us.

How are people making this connection? On the other forum where this seems to have originated I saw some pictures of a swage lock tube that went into the co2 line that allowed the ferrules to get a better grip on it.

Or does it just not matter too much so just stick it I. There with the ferrules and torque it down a bit?

I like overkill so I'd like to do it right.

28c48510333064c1513fa273d94e1958.jpg

Back