How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

d62c414f25f8b9b5d08b745a68d1fdab.jpg

That's the plastic one you can get the other one at lowes

How are people making this connection? On the other forum where this seems to have originated I saw some pictures of a swage lock tube that went into the co2 line that allowed the ferrules to get a better grip on it.

Or does it just not matter too much so just stick it I. There with the ferrules and torque it down a bit?

I like overkill so I'd like to do it right.

28c48510333064c1513fa273d94e1958.jpg

You can insert the tube right in and tight it. The ferrules will lock it down. Swagelok recommend using a tube insert if your tubing is soft enough to be pinched together with your fingers.
d6ed9db75aa18dbd75ec24b93f9dedd1.jpg

Thanks guys!
Is the green tubing that came with my korralin reactor good stuff or should I be looking for something better?

@Alanle, do you sell any of your regulators? If so how much and what kind? Thanks

Gentlemen,

So I have bite the bullet to purchase this regulator after doing quite a few researches.

b992f3721b9bd6fa50c51cdb731aaafc.jpg

Can I get some directions and links where I need to get the adapters, solenoid, metering valve?

I understand I will need a Burkett 6011 solenoid, a metering valve, AC adapter for solenoid, but clueless on the fittings and such.

Please help and show some mercy lol. Thanks

Gentlemen,

So I have bite the bullet to purchase this regulator after doing quite a few researches.

b992f3721b9bd6fa50c51cdb731aaafc.jpg

Can I get some directions and links where I need to get the adapters, solenoid, metering valve?

I understand I will need a Burkett 6011 solenoid, a metering valve, AC adapter for solenoid, but clueless on the fittings and such.

Please help and show some mercy lol. Thanks
Watching this closely as I have the same regulator.

Quick question on airgas regulator. I see the two empty holes on the below picture (one at the front and one at the back)...what are they using for? And do I need to plugged it? Thanks

083e0cef718ce508e58ed77f8bcf2560.jpg

I got it fired up and going yesterday. It seems to want to flow WAY too much. I've got the needle valve basically closed and the regulator has to be set to what looks like 10 psi to get a little less than one bubble a second in Both the fluval and C1502 bubble counters.

Id like to get any ideas I'm guessing I got the wrong regulator and/or needle valve.

This I believe is the important stuff.
SS-4MA-MH Swagelok Metering Valve Stainless 1/4" 0.03cV Micrometer Top
( 201390339645 )

CONCOA REGULATOR, 412-330-1000, 1/4" FNPT, Dual Stage Brass Barstock Body
( 171855231731 )[/rQUOTE]

97b6dcf32a6834e9e806c424c0c98b61.jpg

Edit.
I've turned the regulator down one line on the output gauge since I took this pic. It's giving me ~1 bubble a sec and my ph has been rock solid at 6.4 since last night.

I have the same regulator and the needle valve and I also feel the same way.

I have also asked Allen but no good response yet. The needle valve feels like it's giving too fast of a bubble count. Very hard to slow bubble count with that valve.

I have the same regulator and the needle valve and I also feel the same way.

I have also asked Allen but no good response yet. The needle valve feels like it's giving too fast of a bubble count. Very hard to slow bubble count with that valve.

You might not have the right needle valve the one you need should be slow flow if the one you are using is medium you will not be able to control the bubble rate

I got it fired up and going yesterday. It seems to want to flow WAY too much. I've got the needle valve basically closed and the regulator has to be set to what looks like 10 psi to get a little less than one bubble a second in Both the fluval and C1502 bubble counters.

Id like to get any ideas I'm guessing I got the wrong regulator and/or needle valve.

This I believe is the important stuff.
SS-4MA-MH Swagelok Metering Valve Stainless 1/4" 0.03cV Micrometer Top
( 201390339645 )

CONCOA REGULATOR, 412-330-1000, 1/4" FNPT, Dual Stage Brass Barstock Body
( 171855231731 )[/rQUOTE]

97b6dcf32a6834e9e806c424c0c98b61.jpg

Edit.
I've turned the regulator down one line on the output gauge since I took this pic. It's giving me ~1 bubble a sec and my ph has been rock solid at 6.4 since last night.

I believe that valve is a medium flow

Is it my solenoid or what but my Burkert 6011 run so hot that I think I can make coffee out from it. I have an adapter to run it at 24 DC.

Back