How to keep an Idiot busy...150DD

Those rainbow acans and that tort are what I like to call, legit :beer:

Very well done and good job coming up with a plan and obviously executing it well and getting some results you were looking for...

Wow! Your tank looks awesome! Colors are amazing. Also, your photography skills are outsatnding..all my pictures come out like crap :headwally:

Those rainbow acans and that tort are what I like to call, legit :beer:

Very well done and good job coming up with a plan and obviously executing it well and getting some results you were looking for...

Thanks, those acans seem to hold their color even in higher light unlike my others.

Wow! Your tank looks awesome! Colors are amazing. Also, your photography skills are outsatnding..all my pictures come out like crap :headwally:

Thanks the colors are really coming in now I've been trying for years to get them. I use the cannon powershot d10 and slightly adjust the settings to get accurate pics. A lot easier than a real dslr camera but more limited.

Your tank Looks great Pat, and beautiful photos!

Thanks hope it looks like yours in a few years.

IMG_2112.jpg

looks fantastic. gorgonia looks to be doing great . is that the size it was when you got it ? it looks bigger.

Update time!!?!??!!?

+1 :beer:
yeah about time

ohhhhh ahhhhhhh, so nice !!!
I'm catching up to you colorwise!

Hair,bubble and red algae are getting to bug me too much. I don't mind some but the red is covering every rock I have. Thanks to Dlandino I've become aware of algaefix and am on my 5th dose. I like to dose things, just to see the change? I dunno just to feel like I'm doing something and it'll look different tomorrow. My colors faded some and have come back again since last post. Not sure if it was trying seachem's fuel or going back to homemade food which makes the skimmer produce more. I'll find out when the bottle runs out. I also moved my lights around so that the t5's are on the edges with the AI's in the middle and both leds and t5 cover almost the whole tank. Looks much more evenly lit now.
taded with soju (generous nice guy!) for some black sun corals which are doing well and got some clear dendro looking things off some cultured florida liverock.
IMG_2210.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

found out you can put frogspawn and reverse frogspawn next to each other, who knew?
IMG_2245.jpg

cali tort grew green polyps
IMG_2254.jpg

IMG_2266.jpg

Reefer doesn't like his crusts and I got the crusts of his purple monster that were on some pcv pipe thanks man.:beer:
IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

turquoise stag and purple haze
IMG_2272.jpg

Tricolor isn't cooperating and being a bicolor. But it is growing maybe when it gets closer to the light it'll do better.
IMG_2282.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg

Wild one from PC was white and blue, turned green and is starting to show promise to color up real good.
IMG_2284.jpg

These aren't as orange in person but I don't feel like fixing it on ps.
IMG_2285.jpg

FTS
IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

The tank looks great Patrick. Don't let the algae get you down. I forgot to tell you yesterday that I have a nice rainbow poci frag for you courtesy of Mr. Reefir.

The tank looks great Patrick. Don't let the algae get you down. I forgot to tell you yesterday that I have a nice rainbow poci frag for you courtesy of Mr. Reefir.

Sweet! Yeah the algae thing isn't bothering me too much but I'm starting to get concerned it could snowball into a mess if I don't deal with it now.

Diggin the plate montis, and your acan garden... awesome!

Thanks I've had the montis awhile and it shows.

Sweet dude... Really good stuff...

Thank you, some of the darth maul's you liked melted but the rest are doing good. I guess I don't have your zoa growing skills.

Great pics. Keep'em coming

Thanks, taking them is actually kinda enjoyable in itself.

Looks great Patrick!

Thanks Feel free to stop by anytime with some bone cutters, The frags you gave me are doing well.

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

is that the babysbreath u got from me a while back ? thats is sweet

Yes it is, doing well too. I have a prism favia that hasn't done anything since I got it at ffm. If you find yourself missing your 90 stop over, a good few of the corals I have came from your tanks. Heck while your here I'll even let you lug a whole bunch of 5 gallon buckets for a water change :lmao:.

On a side note I did a 5 gallon WC the other day and then realized it was only a 2% WC and probably not worth the effort. And my mp10 will stick to 19mm glass. I guess not all of them will. So I left it there.

Sadly no it melted on me. Not entirely sure if it was too low nutrients or a bad mag test kit. When my salifert test kit was getting to the end I replaced with the red sea kit and got readings in the 1100's when it had tested at 1280 with the salifert. so I think it was low for awhile. That and the water being to clean I think was causing my lps problems I couldn't figure out but I'll never know for sure. I've been looking for another ever since and will have one again.

Back