How to keep an Idiot busy...150DD

very nice, im a fan:)

Thanks. When I set up a tank again In a few years I'm just gonna hire you to help with the aquascape. Seriously.

What camera are you using?

Thanks. I'm using the cannon powershot d10. Awesome camera and great for learning. It's fully waterproof so I can get any angle. The white balance has a underwater setting that can handle a lot of blue led light and still make it look like it does in person. It has a macro setting that works great although I'll never get shots like Scott or esshoes. I'm definitely still learning and between the settings on the camera, % of the AI's and having the t5's on or off makes a big difference. I figured out a couple weeks ago I can shoot video in the macro setting. I'll just have to figure out how to load and post it. It's just a really easy to use camera, idiotproof if you will. One thing that the camera will never get though is the depth of the tank. Everyone who has seen it comments on that immediately. Seeing a empty tank that deep at a shop isn't the same. I have been keeping regular shaped tanks for 10+ years and it was so foreign to have one so deep.

And I finally made it to exotic in milford yesterday and there was a golden torch there. And of course it was already sold and not available. Nice shop though lots of stuff. I picked up a blue tuxedo urchin and if he eats this red algea I'll stop the algaefix. 7 doses and not a big difference yet.

Quick update

Quick update

So I have been running Rox8 carbon for months now but only at a trickle so it wouldn't tumble. I read that if you reverse the flow through a reactor it won't tumble and I was able to really clean my water. So much so that my monti's turned pale then gray and almost completely died before I figured out what the problem was. I couldn't figure it out right away because I am constantly changing things in my system and didn't know which change was the problem. I think I'm gonna leave things alone for awhile:headwallblue:. I also was lucky enough to see my starfish spawning so here's some pics.
IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

Dendros, I love em under dim white lights
IMG_2439.jpg

The tank looks great Patrick. Don't let the algae get you down. I forgot to tell you yesterday that I have a nice rainbow poci frag for you courtesy of Mr. Reefir.
Sweet piece thank you both
IMG_2667_zps47f3936f.jpg

My palmers milli a decent blue from above but my most difficult piece to color up.
IMG_2645_zps3287cbe3.jpg

IMG_2640_zps8bf3b728.jpg

IMG_2659_zps2b844253.jpg

IMG_2616_zpsf7d6f66f.jpg

IMG_2575_zps7ec31a39.jpg

IMG_2566_zps101fdee1.jpg

Wow I can't stop looking at these pics. Especially the blue mili colony. I have been bothering Joe for sometime to get me a frag but no luck. Absolutely beautiful tank. :thumbsup:

Patrick's tank is my favorite among all of the club member tanks I've seen. It's really just a fantastic piece of work not only in the tank and components he selected, but in how he engineered the whole thing. It's a very well thought out and implemented setup, and beautiful too.

I had the opportunity to see this tank and pictures do not do it justice. Great tank with awesome color!

Wow I can't stop looking at these pics. Especially the blue mili colony. I have been bothering Joe for sometime to get me a frag but no luck. Absolutely beautiful tank. :thumbsup:
Thank you, I've had that for 2 years now. I think it'd be bigger if I hadn't moved it around so often. Not for nothing but Scott's I like Scott's blue prostrata better. Very similar but it seems to have less brown in it. Or maybe it's just his tank lol.

The tank looks great Patrick! And those are some great pics as well! :eek1:
Thanks Scott, as you know it takes a lot of pics to get good ones. I'll have to work on my fish pics they never come out as good as yours.

Patrick's tank is my favorite among all of the club member tanks I've seen. It's really just a fantastic piece of work not only in the tank and components he selected, but in how he engineered the whole thing. It's a very well thought out and implemented setup, and beautiful too.
Thank you for the kind words, it took me months to decide on equipment. It got to the point where my wife was telling me to hurry up and transfer. You should come by sometime and see it again.

some beautiful photos. great tank.
Thankyou

I had the opportunity to see this tank and pictures do not do it justice. Great tank with awesome color!
Thanks, I feel like I get the lps pics pretty good but some of the sps I just can't capture. A nice bonus for those like you that stop by though.

Nice tank and photos.
Thankyou

Last edited:
Back