Interesting filter

OneThunder

my husband and I went to out to eat and this place had a saltwater tank visible from both sides (it divided the room) Inside there was live rock smack dab in the middle going all the way up. There was a canopy on the system. We pretty much determined that inside this "live rock" was the filter, as we could see no other in or out. I thought that was pretty cool, I asked about it but the wait staff had no idea about the tank, (I'm sure they didn't care either). Since then I have been looking around in stores and on t he net. Haven't been able to see any thing like it. Anyone know about this interesting filter?:D

I've seen lots of island tanks where they hide all the plumbing (overflows, returns, wiring, etc...) inside a central rock tower so the view is unobstructed from all sides. I can't remember for sure but I think Nagoya's in Port Clinton is was that way, RainForest Cafe, RonJon in Coco Beach, ect...

The drain pipe and return pipe could be inside of the rock. Someone on RC did this. Easy way to hide pipes and ect in your tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6831615#post6831615 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hllywd
I've seen lots of island tanks where they hide all the plumbing (overflows, returns, wiring, etc...) inside a central rock tower so the view is unobstructed from all sides. I can't remember for sure but I think Nagoya's in Port Clinton is was that way, RainForest Cafe, RonJon in Coco Beach, ect...
Do they sell them this way or are they custom built? I'm impressed with it and we talked about having one in the house we build next. It can go in the middle of the room as a room divider..it was really nice. We also talked about a "built-in" the wall type. You can have a reef tank that way and hide the lights and the plumbing. I'm gonna look on the internet for pictures. :D

Not available as a typical commercial purchase. You can get custom aquarium shops to do this or you can design your own, encase your pipe in "aragacrete, cure it etc...then build up LR around it.

Jay

The ones I've seen have been pretty big tanks, doubt you'd find anything off the shelf with enough room in the center of the tank.

Back