Jackson's 115 Gallon Custom Cube 32x32x26

Wow, it certainly got big!
Acros.... Such finicky, prima donnas... They are never quite satisfied.... Kind of like the reefers who keep them...
Good luck with the re color up..

lol yup ;)

Looking good things have grown really well. What light are u using now

Thanks Cugly. I'm using a 10 bulb ati + 2 blue reefbrites for the last month. Growth has taken off since switching to all t5.

Can you tell me more about this system? Was it carbon dosed? Was there a heavy bioload? High/low nutrient? etc.

I wish I wrote it all down. :( It was a couple of years ago. I tried to ask my LFS guy, but he talks rubbish most of the time. I know the system had lots of fish and a large chaeoto bed alongwith a calcium reactor. They did dose some KZ Zeo items as I used to see the bottles inside the sump area. But it was not a zeo system. That tank now has Radions over it and looks crap. Not that its the LED fault.

T5s will give you plenty of rich color as long as there is some measurable nitrate, in my experience. The pastel tanks seem to be those that maintain zero Nitrates.

I see you got rid of the halides. Ya i am working on getting a powermodule hopefully. So hard to find bulbs for my DE.

jackson6745 said:
I actually have 3 MP40 and 1 Tunze 6055 in there. Flow is very good. No dead spots in the tank, everything getting good flow even with all the SPS growth slowing it down somewhat. What do you plan on lighting the new cube with?

Currently got 2x Hydra52 on my 60g cube, I'm planning between 4-6x 120w Hydra52/Radion G2-3. It should give me a good mix of color, I already got one radion G2 now. How much alk/Ca consumption / day?

I wish I wrote it all down. :( It was a couple of years ago. I tried to ask my LFS guy, but he talks rubbish most of the time. I know the system had lots of fish and a large chaeoto bed alongwith a calcium reactor. They did dose some KZ Zeo items as I used to see the bottles inside the sump area. But it was not a zeo system. That tank now has Radions over it and looks crap. Not that its the LED fault.

Hmm... Ok :p

T5s will give you plenty of rich color as long as there is some measurable nitrate, in my experience. The pastel tanks seem to be those that maintain zero Nitrates.

The last time I ran all t5 I also ran 0 nitrate. My tank was pastel. This tank always has a nitrate level and lots of import/export. We'll see :)

I see you got rid of the halides. Ya i am working on getting a powermodule hopefully. So hard to find bulbs for my DE.

I didn't get rid of the Giesemann Spectra :), I actually still have my old sfiligoi hood as well (I'm a hoarder). I'm not ruling out the possibility that I may go back to halide, but I will try with t5 for the next several month . I know the DE bulbs are tough to find, with the SE bulbs I don't think the radium is going anywhere.... I hope :sad2:

Currently got 2x Hydra52 on my 60g cube, I'm planning between 4-6x 120w Hydra52/Radion G2-3. It should give me a good mix of color, I already got one radion G2 now. How much alk/Ca consumption / day?

I'm dosing 100ml of cal and alk daily, along with 400ml of a super saturated talk/vinegar salutation (10ml vinegar, 2tbsp kalk, 1.5g water)

Love your tank. Period.
Great fts. Great sps, fish and nice collection of acans and zoas!
Such a cool scape.

Great stuff! I really love your fish selections and your corals are looking pretty happy right now. Awesome update!

It looks like the corals have take to the new lighting quite well - tank is looking really good!

Back