Lanthanum chloride

Go figure, Europe, is again on the cutting edge of the saltwater hobby.

some of our best equipment for this hobby comes from Germany and true Europe is ahead when it comes to this kinda technology.
This reactor and website has been up and i first found them back in 2014
(my original post)
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=22877174#post22877174
i was going to order back then but my mother passed away and some family issue came up to where i was not able to.
anyways, i hope its good quality reactor and does what it claims.
stay tuned.

Great job, keeping some of us amateurs in the game!!!

I'm still trying to figure out why I can't measure my phosphates with the Hanna checker. I know I have at least some in my tank.

What model checker r u using. Regular phos checker will not read ultra low and will give u 0 while they make a checker for phosphorus ultra low which can read ultra low just have to convert the reading to phosphate. ( a simple chart)

Ha......I thought I had the right one! Thanks for your help. This hobby can be so frustrating.
Again thanks for your help
Ed

I found this reactor and decided to give it a shot. Along with reactor i ordered what they claim is pure 100% Lanthanum Chloride (1000ml). I plan to run a slow water flowand do 20ml LC mixed in 1 gal of RODI water dose the diluted mixture say 6ml per day. 6ml will also be cut into smaller dosing quantity. Probably 0.5ml every 2 hrs.

Reactor will flow out to a BRS canister with a 5 Macron sediment filter then into sump with a 5-10 macron filter sock.

here are few pics of items i purchased. (havent installed them yet still waiting on few items to arrive)

Interesting to see how it is different from the BRS 2 canister method.
How do you deliver the water and the lanthanum to this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

requires a doser to push diluted mixture through the black 1/4" tubing entering the bottom of the reactor and flowing upwards through the first chamber for reaction then entering second chamber full of filter floss. havent got it yet but seems workable.

requires a doser to push diluted mixture through the black 1/4" tubing entering the bottom of the reactor and flowing upwards through the first chamber for reaction then entering second chamber full of filter floss. havent got it yet but seems workable.

From what you say, bro it's same as BRS dual reactor.
Oh by the way the masterflex pump would be great to deliver the lanthanum slowly and continuously through the 1/4 fitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Cheep Drip Bag $3.02 shipped

Nice Cheep Drip Bag $3.02 shipped

A really nice quality IV bag but at a ridiculous cheep price. Only $3.02 Right now free shipping

This is a really good deal an i have a few bags theses are best and cost way less. If you need a Iv bag this one will do 1000ml Easy fill top roller drop control with bubble counter with nice drip tip on the end.
The shipping was free for me when i bought them and they ship via UPS so get it fast.

http://www.allegromedical.com/patie...avity-bag-non-sterile-p175256.html#8884702500

kangaroo-gravity-sets-1000ml-gravity-bag-only-non-sterile-175256-BIG_0.jpg

WARNING!!! WARNING !!! WARNING!!!
Update guys,
that company has been out of business since 2015 but they have the website up to steal peoples money. i had to file a dispute today with my credit card company.

WARNING!!! WARNING !!! WARNING!!!
Update guys,
that company has been out of business since 2015 but they have the website up to steal peoples money. i had to file a dispute today with my credit card company.

What company are you referring to?

little update:
i bought seaklear aquaria phos remover. i know its a weaker solution than a regular pool version, but the good part of this product is that you can dose the tank directly with it. no residue or harmful white debris to collect in filter socks etc.
in my 300 gal tank Hanna checker ULR was showing over 200 ppb (out of high range)
according to the directions on the bottle 1oz to 5000 gal, which in conversion comes to 0.0625oz to 300 gal. because tank had over 200 ppb i tripled the initial dose (0.2oz).
mixed it in some rodi water and poured it directly near the intake of skimmer.
Tank got slightly milky for 30 min and got cleared up. after 3 hrs i checked phos levels which were 70 ppb or 0.215ppm.
Bottle says to dose 0.06oz per day in 300 gal tank to maintain phos levels near 0.
though it cost the same or a bit higher than pool version i think paying $5 more for a quart is much better for not having to dose slowly with a doser or drip and clogging filter socks or floss in reactors etc.
At this time i dont have any livestock in the tank to see the effects of milkiness that last 30 min or so. but in order to reduce any effects of that i plan on mixing 0.5oz in a gal of rodi water and dose 600 ml (20oz)per day lasting a gal 6.5 days. which breaks down to same 0.0625 oz per day as directed on bottle.
Apex is setup to deliver 6ml then off for 9 min so 24 ml in 1 hour.

I would not dose it directly even if it's a diluted version.Precipitants are obvious in the cloudiness and can be deadly as can free lanthanum. Attention to prefiltering is a must IMO and IME.

I would not dose it directly even if it's a diluted version.Precipitants are obvious in the cloudiness and can be deadly as can free lanthanum. Attention to prefiltering is a must IMO and IME.

i plan on dosing it through a 3 stage BRS reactor with 1st chamber as reaction 2nd as floss 3rd as 5 micron filter. As there is no livestock in this tank i dosed it directly.
Plus a single dose here and there may not show results of precipitation compared to constant dosing on daily basis which may have accumulation over time.

Back