Votes: 24 10.2%
  • Macropharyngodon meleagris

Votes: 78 33.1%
  • Macropharyngodon negrosensis

Votes: 29 12.3%
  • Other

Votes: 26 11.0%

• Total voters
I wouldn't TTT any leopard until they've established a good sleeping pattern with your timezone and are eating well. Prazi would be fine once they start eating. Then I would TTT if you are going to do the TTT method. Make sure to have a nice deep Tupperware filled with Sand for QT or a sandbed. Live Rock in there also helps.

Leopard wrasses are also a lot less succeptable to having crypto. They are a lot more likely to have worms which is where the prazi pro comes in. And a lot more likely to have internal worms which is where having prazi soaked foods come in. But I would make sure they are eating before treating.

I would also find out where the Leopard was caught and set the lighting timer on that time zone and slowly shift it towards yours.

So my second black leopard came out of the sand after 2 days and died, the first black leopard is eating, he gets up at 4pm and loves PE mysis (seriously this stuff is great) To comment I have been doing weekly 20% water changes on my Qt, I wonder if these fish are more sensitive to NH3 than others and perhaps that is one of the reasons the QT seems to do far worse than the DT. I have a NH3 monitor, and try not to over feed, I also added a piece of rock from my sump.

About the TTM, I think that is WAY too much stress for these wrasse, I figure just observe them for a month in QT and they should be good. If the wrasse has an infection it seems to die way before getting to the tank to spread the disease. Now with tangs I agree ich seems to be more problematice and the TTM may work albeit is alot more manual work than I am willing to do.

Also to add, my QT has a 2" layer of sand, a piece of live rock, a sponge filter driven by a toms aqua lifter and a small cheap power head (and heater of course). I have been striving to mimic the DT as much as possible, hopefully this helps with the survival.

Well bad news, my black leopard passed last night and I am leaving for a vacation for a few days. I got an email from LA last night that they shipped my backordered potters wrasse even though I called them to hold off till next week! This caused alot of stress for me, so after not having any success in the QT, along with not being able to feed (DT has an autofeeder) I went against my better judgement and added these three potters right to the DT. First I floated the back then over the course of 30 min replaced all the water in the bags with tank water. I monitored salinity with my digital refractometer, and once it was the same as the DT I scooped them out and introduced them right in.

What happened I have never seen before but these three are acting like nothing happened, granted they are sticking together, but they are interacting with the other fish and seemed the least stressed of any leopards I have tried before. I ordered medium and these guys look med-large with large bellies, definitely in good health upon arrival. I even fed some brine and I think the smaller of the three went for it! I know its way too early to celebrate but I think this is a great sign!

I even made a video

Untitled by J Bolton, on Flickr

Thank you! Came home and all three are swimming, one is stalking the glass but all three attacked the pe mysis. I am very pleased so far!

https://flic.kr/p/BTJLXg
BTJLXg

Macropharyngodon cyanoguttatus

Macropharyngodon cyanoguttatus

Does anyone know anything about these leopard wrasses? I have never seen one at all. In fact, my LFS said they haven't been able or come across one in years. They are holding one for me. Sorry for the crappy pics.

Does anyone know anything about these leopard wrasses? I have never seen one at all. In fact, my LFS said they haven't been able or come across one in years. They are holding one for me. Sorry for the crappy pics.

Never heard of them, very interesting.

I got back yesterday from vacation and found all three potters awake before my other leopards. They seemed to be fat still since I only feed pellets via autofeeder when out town along with gobbling up PE mysis and LRS reef food.

During the day they seemed very active and happy, I feel good adding them directly to the tank vs my previous attempts. It should also be noted these were much larger than my previous attempts.

image_zpsu4jdhgsm.jpg

i just got it yesterday(sunday). i believe it's ornate leopard wrasse? it's about 3.5 inches long, very active in the qt and slept in the sandbox last night but it's not eating yet. i put a piece of liverock in the qt. it was caught about a week ago and spent a few days at my friend fish store where i know has ich in all their tanks. so my plan is to do ttm first but would it be better to take the risk and add him directly into the display?

I have had my female leopard wrasse for two months. She is doing great and I have observed her diving into the sand at bed time that was cool. One thing once acclimated hand release your wrasse towards the bottom of the tank so that they do not damage their beak.

Last night I was feeding my fish and my male malergris was MIA, found him this morning dead. I had him almost a year, I wonder what lead to his death. Side note the Potters are doing great, I am wondering now If I should treat the tank with prazi, if his death could be fluke or worm related?

I lost my leopard wrasse a few weeks ago. Broke my heart had it for more than 6 years.

So when my daughter gave me a gift certificate to liveaquaria I decided to go for more than just one.

Got these guys in yesterday.
After acclimating, within a couple hours they were out and looking for food.
Tried frozen cyclop-eze last night and they really went for it.
Gave them a little early this morning. Again great feeding response.

Got some Tigger pods in and added a pretty good amount.
They are really active and curious about everything.

Added a tub of sand I had soaking in my sump of my display tank since last week.
And added some methylene blue. Approx. 15 drops to a 29 gallon tank.
I'm going to do a 50% water change tomorrow and add carbon, then do a couple rounds of Prazipro.

Back