Votes: 24 10.2%
  • Macropharyngodon meleagris

Votes: 78 33.1%
  • Macropharyngodon negrosensis

Votes: 29 12.3%
  • Other

Votes: 26 11.0%

• Total voters
No, they don't need a refugium. They are similar to mandarins in that they are very active and constantly seek out food. You need to stimulate feeding soon after introduction to ensure survival. The mandarin comparison ends there as a leopard will quickly start to take prepared foods with little to no weaning.

So I put my leopard in Tank (after 45 minute acclimation),Macropharyngodon meleagris just hangs out on sand for 10 seconds, then dives in sand at the speed of light. How do I stimulate feeding response? It's buried. Of course, I will be feeding my other fish in about an hour or so, but still, I don't know when she'll come out. I have a bazillion pods though.

Im waiting for a pair of them to come in before I bite the bullet. Ive never had problems keeping any fish other then a regal angel which im 0 for 2. They always eat for a a few months and then stop

So 26.5 hours later, this little guy just starts hanging out! I fed him live brine, baby brine, cylops, pods, (whatever I can throw at 'em), and he is eating just fine. I turned my Tunze's down a bit (I had them off 2 times today for at least 1 hour or 2), because he seemed a little overwhelmed by them.

Anyway, so far, so good!

and Day 3, he's eating well.

Mysis is similar to brine in physical appearance. Mix them together, then substitute for 100% mysis. It's MUCH more nutritious.

This is him/her! I know it's a juvenile, however, it doesn't look like meleagris. To me, it looks more like bipartitus? What species do you think?

IMG_4629.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_4447.jpg
[/IMG]

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13952047#post13952047 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mysterybox
Thanks! Whats the adult male look like? Pic? I assume she'll change to male?

Mine's on the first page of the thread.

10.09.2008-3.jpg

anyone ever try a leopard with a sixline? I have a 125 reef with lots of live rock and am looking into a leopard. sixline is already in the tank but is very docile and shy.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14031418#post14031418 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kevin34
sixline is already in the tank but is very docile and shy.

For now. It will be come the devil soon enough.

Sixlines are good for keeping a frag tank clean in my opinion, not much more. If you do a search, you'll find so many stories about them being absolute terrors, or the nicest fish until they went on a rampage one day.

Great fish!! Thanks for sharing the information. I have never owned one but I found this informative. I miss my old DSB!

I have kept biparitus and Macropharyngodon negrosensis for many years. They are difficult to start but then should be fine. They are jumpers so have your tank covered. They can go underground for two weeks at a time so don't be surprised if you don't see them for awhile after you put them in your tank. On the plus side they eat Red Bugs!!!

Mine is about an inch and a 1/2 right now. I've had it for about 3 weeks now. It's eating cyclopeeze and live brine, at that size what non live foods were your wrasses eating?

Here is the one i just picked up yesterday. He is eating mysis and doing some hunting already. He dosen't seem shy at all. He dove into the sand at lights out and surfaced around noon today.
Leopard-Wrasse.jpg

WrasseClam.jpg

Back