Votes: 24 10.2%
  • Macropharyngodon meleagris

Votes: 78 33.1%
  • Macropharyngodon negrosensis

Votes: 29 12.3%
  • Other

Votes: 26 11.0%

• Total voters
I'd say 3" would be close maybe a little more. He seems to be getting along well with my rough and tumble bunch. I couldn't find him this morning so i crawled into the stand to see if i could see anything from the bottom. About the time i got tired of looking and pulled my head out to look there he was swimming along the front of the tank munching on stuff off the sand!

I really want one of these fish. Anyone ever tried one with a sixline wrasse? I have a 125g reef only fish in tank are a sixline, 2 true percs and a jawfish in QT. If I get this fish I would get it after the jawfish goes in.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14046283#post14046283 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kevin34
I really want one of these fish. Anyone ever tried one with a sixline wrasse? I have a 125g reef only fish in tank are a sixline, 2 true percs and a jawfish in QT. If I get this fish I would get it after the jawfish goes in.
My answer hasn't change since you asked the question on the last page. ;) To be quite blunt, do a search and you will find a good number of us who have kept sixlines will NOT recommend this fish anymore, let alone with a somewhat delicate new fish like a leopard.

If you're trying to convince yourself it's ok despite the research/feedback... that's fine and your decision... but there is a pretty good chance it will not turn out well (either now or down the road).

Here's a picture of my new 3" Vermiculite Leopard Wrasse I picked up last friday. I did not QT, and a few hours after introducing it to my system it was eating frozen brine, mysis and cyclops. It seems to be eating flakes and small pellets as well. Seems to be a very peaceful fish that is not shy at all. I saw it digging in the sand when the lights went out monday night. It seems to go to bed early and wake up late.

89298LeopardWrasse.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14043631#post14043631 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Cove Beach
Here is the one i just picked up yesterday. He is eating mysis and doing some hunting already. He dosen't seem shy at all. He dove into the sand at lights out and surfaced around noon today.
Leopard-Wrasse.jpg
Beautiful male Meleagris!!!!! Those are very hard to come by here in my area.

Day 21! eating very well. live brine, cyclopeeze, & now tubifex.

check out her dorsal fin as it seems a little transparent. I realize that it's just a baby at 1.5 or so inches.....................

IMG_5028.jpg

IMG_5007.jpg

IMG_5000.jpg

That's a nice looking little wrasse. I'm sure its tail and dorsal fins will start to color up as it grows. As you can see in the picture of mine, its tail fin hasn't completely colored up yet. The very top and bottom are still transparent. And apparently they grow into their eyes. Look how big the eyes on yours are compared to mine.

Last edited:
anyone know if a leopard is compatible with a sixline in a 125g with a lots of live rock? Other tank mates are 2 true percs and a tiger jawfish to go along with the sixline. Sixline shows no signs of aggression (even at feeding). I really want to try a leopard.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14063704#post14063704 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mysterybox
nope
was that a no there is no way they will get along or a no you dont know if they are compatable?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14064336#post14064336 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kevin34
was that a no there is no way they will get along or a no you dont know if they are compatable?
keep asking until you get the answer you're looking for.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14063534#post14063534 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kevin34
anyone know if a leopard is compatible with a sixline in a 125g with a lots of live rock? Other tank mates are 2 true percs and a tiger jawfish to go along with the sixline. Sixline shows no signs of aggression (even at feeding). I really want to try a leopard.
not really compatible but it can be done.
The Macropharyngodon should be healthy and larger than the 6-line.

I have multiple wrasse; 1 splendid leopard wrasse, 2 ornate leopard wrasse, 1 radiant wrasse, 1 clown fairy!!!

Just got the Ornate about 3 weeks ago. They are looking good and eating. They haven't seem to get on my light schedule. They always seem to get up late and call it a night early, but foraging and eating.

I have my tank on a 12/12 schedule so the lights turn on at 10am and turn off at 10pm. My vermiculite wrasse goes to bed at 8 and its been about a week and a half since I introduced it to my tank. Not sure if that is normal for them to have an early sleep schedule but she seems healthy and happy.

Back